mild vibration/shake on highway when accelerating

premplus

Jun 1, 2024
Ca
Has any 550 owners felt a low vibration/shake when accelerating? I don't hear it really. I feel like in my feet and steering when I accelerate on highway and it is mild, more so when I accelerate gently at normal speeds. In some cars I've noticed this when trying to find gears, but it seems more pronounced in my premium plus. It is not the tires because the vibration is gone when not accelerating and the car is just rolling along. Not sure if it is anything to be concerned about but just curious if anyone else noticed similar issues. Maybe try and pay attention to that and let us know if it is just a body on frame thing?

Has any 550 owners felt a low vibration/shake when accelerating? I don't hear it really. I feel like in my feet and steering when I accelerate on highway and it is mild, more so when I accelerate gently at normal speeds. In some cars I've noticed this when trying to find gears, but it seems more pronounced in my premium plus. It is not the tires because the vibration is gone when not accelerating and the car is just rolling along. Not sure if it is anything to be concerned about but just curious if anyone else noticed similar issues. Maybe try and pay attention to that and let us know if it is just a body on frame thing?
I actually have the opposite. For me it’s noticeable at low rpm/speed and from a stop. Does not like to be slow. But highway is like butter.

Someone on here recommended I have them reset my transmission software and when I set up my first oil change I will be bringing it up.

I think it is a transmission shifting vibration, and for me it is only when driving at low speeds and very mild acceleration. I'm driving it like a baby for the break in period, and when I'm barely accelerating it seems like maybe it almost isn't applying enough force on the transmission for a clean shift. If I take off with any gusto, say accelerating to get onto the highway, zero issues. But if I take off SLOW, like in stop and go traffic, I will sometimes feel that vibration.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510