GX550 Hybrid engine

markdent

Feb 21, 2024
Sydney Australia
Hi There, I have heard different stories re the GX550 Hybrid engine. The Lexus Japan website says it will be 2.4L hybrid specification and interviews with Japanese engineer during the USA launch, said they are still resolving Battery Waterproofing issues, and can't confirm hybrid engine specifications. Does anybody have an update as to the Kilowatt and Newton Metres for the hybrid engine please?

Check the specs on the Land Cruiser Hybrid Engine.... it will probably be the same engine since Toyota makes both vehicles... most of the mechanical parts are interchangable

I'm still wondering if Lexus will use the Hybrid system from the new Toyota Sequoia.

I'm still wondering if Lexus will use the Hybrid system from the new Toyota Sequoia.
I MO to cover Markdent and supersix hopefully they solve waterproofing I would think they will use solid state batteries because they are thinner you could possibly move them around the vehicle example under 2nd row and or plus cargo space in 550 utilizing some batteries for electronics accessories, and the secondary batteries for hybrid use and being thinner would increase some of the cargo space

In the Toyota TRD Pro i-FORCE MAX 3.4-Liter Turbo V6 4-Wheel Drive 5.5-ft. bed CrewMax, Toyota already have a i-FORCE MAX 3.4L Twin-Turbo V6 Hybrid, 437 hp @ 5200 rpm, 583 lb.-ft. @ 2400 rpm, so why would they not use that engine platform for the GX550H?

In the Toyota TRD Pro i-FORCE MAX 3.4-Liter Turbo V6 4-Wheel Drive 5.5-ft. bed CrewMax, Toyota already have a i-FORCE MAX 3.4L Twin-Turbo V6 Hybrid, 437 hp @ 5200 rpm, 583 lb.-ft. @ 2400 rpm, so why would they not use that engine platform for the GX550H?
Idk probably want to use the new -old technology of solid state batteries

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%