Hood, vibration, body rolling, not Luxurious at all, not Lexus-like

GX 550 new owners,
I read and saw that there’s an issue on Hood vibration specially driving at 70 MPH,, vibration on idle, a lot of body rolling, not luxurious at all. Are these true?
Premium Plus, there is a little bit of vibration at highway speeds, no noise. In fact this new model is much quieter than my last one on the highway. Regarding vibration, I have to focus on it otherwise not an issue. Regarding body roll… not aware of any issue with it. The GX tracts straight it is a firm ride compared to past GX’s and feels solid on the road. So far no issues, I love it, however it is a first year model so issues may arise. Again…so far all good!
The trim is all Lexus, major improvement in technology, huge improvement in performance. Personally I find it is the most comfortable drive of all the GX’s I have owned.

GX 550 new owners,
I read and saw that there’s an issue on Hood vibration specially driving at 70 MPH,, vibration on idle, a lot of body rolling, not luxurious at all. Are these true?

Are you seeing the body roll complaints on all models or just specific trims? (w/o e-kdss)?

GX 550 new owners,
I've seen hood vibrations on a couple vehicles lately. Notably my 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve L has more than my OT+. I believe most cars with aluminum hoods have this and it is such a minor issue. Yes its there but its sooooo minor. I do not notice body roll but that could be due to the EKDSS

GX 550 new owners,
had my overtrail for 3 week and there is a slight wiggle in the hood not very noticeable my is white maybe more noticeable in darker colors. For the concerns of body roll it is a truck! but my adaptive suspension flatens it out at higher speed been quite pleased. the beast is surprising nimble in parking lots AND at turns that need tight radius. but the beast is a TRUCK THAT IS aMOST 3 TONS THAT IS SET UP FOR OFF ROAD! hope that helps

had my overtrail for 3 week and there is a slight wiggle in the hood not very noticeable my is white maybe more noticeable in darker colors. For the concerns of body roll it is a truck! but my adaptive suspension flatens it out at higher speed been quite pleased. the beast is surprising nimble in parking lots AND at turns that need tight radius. but the beast is a TRUCK THAT IS aMOST 3 TONS THAT IS SET UP FOR OFF ROAD! hope that helps
Agree with this. While it may not be as extreme as a Bronco or Rubicon, it's still an off-road truck that can tow over 9000lbs.

It's not going to be as quiet and smooth as a uni-body cuv. And truthfully, I want to feel like a truck. And not a pansy-mobile hehe.

I've been driving body on frame trucks most of my life. Based on a short little test drive in the new Land Cruiser, and how refined that feels to me, I'm confident the GX with its adaptive variable suspension and EKDSS, is going to drive pretty darn sweet for my taste. Not as nice as the '23 LS I drove last week, but the GX should be one of the best driving body on frame vehicles I'll ever have driven.

There’s no noise or sound, you just see it when driving at higher speed.
Very obvious???
I've seen hood vibrations on a couple vehicles lately. Notably my 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve L has more than my OT+. I believe most cars with aluminum hoods have this and it is such a minor issue. Yes it’s there but it’s sooooo minor. I do not notice body roll but that could be due to the EKDSS
ty

Glad to know! Ty

GX 550 new owners,
A bit of hood fluttering, no noise. My OT is shaking a bit at 70-80mph, I had it rebalanced (dynamic), it got better but not 100% there yet. I'll keep working on it. Otherwise, I love the truck, the drive, the response, the comfort. It's definitely a different experience vs the old GX.

Agree with this. While it may not be as extreme as a Bronco or Rubicon, it's still an off-road truck that can tow over 9000lbs.

It's not going to be as quiet and smooth as a uni-body cuv. And truthfully, I want to feel like a truck. And not a pansy-mobile hehe.
There are two different camps for this vehicle. Those that will take it outdoors and adventure with with = will love every single thing about it. Then there are soccer moms and real estate agents who buy it because they like the exterior look = they will hate it and complain about body roll/wind noise/lack of luxury no matter how minor those issues are. When people ask me about mine I say figure out what camp you are in and buy appropriately

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510