Overtrail vs Overtrail+.

Can anyone confirm that the plain overtrail does not have power adjustable tilt/telescope steering ? the pics/videos of a plain overtrail show it does but the spec sheets say only on overtrail plus has power tilt / telescope ?

Howdy!

Well, it time to upgrade my 05 GX, had it since new and its still kicking! I can't seem to decide if the Overtrail+ is worth it over the non + model. I find it really annoying that most of the options are available for both models, minus the ML sound system and the digital key. Also a 8K difference and still have to pay extra for a bunch of options are kinda crazy.

As far as I can tell, here is what 8K difference gets you on the OT+:
  1. 10 Way Power Seats (vs 8 way on the OT).
  2. Front Massaging Seats
  3. Power-tilt Steering Wheel
  4. Thematic Ambient Lighting
  5. Seat + Mirror + Steering Wheel Memory
  6. Heated Second Row Seats
  7. Wireless Phone Charger
  8. Second Row Sunshades
  9. Illuminated Door Sills
  10. Outside Mirrors with Puddle Lamps
  11. Power Tailgate with Kick Sensor
  12. Rear Pedestrian Detection on the Intuitive Park Assist, both models have Intuitive Park Assist
Still optional on the OT+ is the Traffic Jam Assist, Digital Key, Mark Levinson Sound System, Cool Box.

For that 8K upcharge on the OT+ what you get is not worth it IMO, 8K all in for all the options would be an easier pill to swallow. Am I on the only one thinking the same? Id appreciate feedback! Ultimately, I am in love with the design and most than likely will be getting one.... just trying to justify that 10K upcharge for fully loaded model.
I ā€˜m getting the ot+ the only thing I can do without is kick sensor, the value are always in the options, trade in etc., how many the build also sometimes the flagship 550 which the + is is sometimes built a little beefier donā€™t know if it will be true in this case for me itā€™s worth the shot

The only thing that bums me out is the ML sound system. I have never had a better stereo system in a vehicle in my life, but it would take a long time to amortize the additional cost to make it worth while.
FWIW. The ML systems in our 24 Rx500H, a new LX and all 3 GX550ā€™s Iā€™ve been in are horrible. I donā€™t use that word lightly. All were hollow, tinny, and lack depth. Attempted to adjust setting and it made a slight difference but overall very disappointing.

Howdy!

Well, it time to upgrade my 05 GX, had it since new and its still kicking! I can't seem to decide if the Overtrail+ is worth it over the non + model. I find it really annoying that most of the options are available for both models, minus the ML sound system and the digital key. Also a 8K difference and still have to pay extra for a bunch of options are kinda crazy.

2. Front Massaging Seats
  8. Second Row Sunshades
  12. Rear Pedestrian Detection on the Intuitive Park Assist, both models have Intuitive Park Assist
Still optional on the OT+ is the Traffic Jam Assist, Digital Key, Mark Levinson Sound System, Cool Box.

For that 8K upcharge on the OT+ what you get is not worth it IMO, 8K all in for all the options would be an easier pill to swallow. Am I on the only one thinking the same? Id appreciate feedback! Ultimately, I am in love with the design and most than likely will be getting one.... just trying to justify that 10K upcharge for fully loaded model.
My overtrail + coming with all but bi color and sorry to say it will have a moon roof , I could do without kick sensor and moon roof IMO all the safety stuff should be gotten reason being you get it and donā€™t use it. Insurance companies tend to say youā€™re partially responsible because you didnā€™t activate it. And if donā€™t have it you didnā€™t do enough to protect you and passengers sometime in the future itā€™s coming

FWIW. The ML systems in our 24 Rx500H, a new LX and all 3 GX550ā€™s Iā€™ve been in are horrible. I donā€™t use that word lightly. All were hollow, tinny, and lack depth. Attempted to adjust setting and it made a slight difference but overall very disappointing.
hard to believe that with 21 speakers and 1800 watts (?) ML stereo sounds bad. Dang !

All items are included in the OT+ here in Canada.

IMG_1923.png

Howdy!

2. Front Massaging Seats
  8. Second Row Sunshades

I picked up my Overtrail on Friday. Was pleasantly surprised it had power tilt/telescope steering and power tailgate. Kind of ridiculous that it doesnā€™t have memory seats, but whatever. Awesome truck and worth the wait/$.

Howdy!

2. Front Massaging Seats
  8. Second Row Sunshades

100% agree Iā€™m getting overtrail plus at Msrp but Lexus sent a customer who ordered one of the other models with captain chairs Lexus sent it with bench for the 2 nd row their working on it

I picked up my Overtrail on Friday. Was pleasantly surprised it had power tilt/telescope steering and power tailgate. Kind of ridiculous that it doesnā€™t have memory seats, but whatever. Awesome truck and worth the wait/$.

Can confirm the standard Overtrail has power telescoping steering wheel and a power tailgate + the tailgate can be activated by the fob.

@Caraddictionisreal there's a 9-inch height difference between myself and my wife, so the lack of Memory Seats is ridiculous for ANY trim (not sure whether all the non-plus trims are lacking it as well). Every time she "borrows" the GX I have to climb in with my head hitting the roof šŸ¤”). But yes, for those looking at either the OT or OT+ the small "quality of life" omissions might be a deal-killer for you.

Another issue we need to resolve with the dealer is adding a second "owner" in the Lexus App - which I was hoping would allow us to add another profile in the UI (and maybe the settings for that profile = the seat and mirror settings). For now, only one person can be linked to the car - unless we are missing something in the manual.

Last edited:
Lexus basically adopted the Apple way of doing things, e.g. nudging buyers toward the higher trims for features that should be standard on a 60 - 70K vehicle.
Yes. Iā€™m surprised at some of the smallā€™ things omitted on a vehicle in this price class. I get the nerd to differentiate trims but Iā€™d have thought a car like this would just come with everything. Particularly stuff that comes on cars costing half as much.

Actually now that I think about it, the apple analogy is pretty spot on. You think the price isnā€™t bad but by the time you add everything for just another hundred, the price doubles & your device costs a lot more than you think. LIke the lower models exist just to push you into spending more anyways.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Letā€™s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510