Overtrail vs Overtrail+.

DrugDealr

Feb 19, 2024
HOU
Howdy!

Well, it time to upgrade my 05 GX, had it since new and its still kicking! I can't seem to decide if the Overtrail+ is worth it over the non + model. I find it really annoying that most of the options are available for both models, minus the ML sound system and the digital key. Also a 8K difference and still have to pay extra for a bunch of options are kinda crazy.

As far as I can tell, here is what 8K difference gets you on the OT+:
  1. 10 Way Power Seats (vs 8 way on the OT).
  2. Front Massaging Seats
  3. Power-tilt Steering Wheel
  4. Thematic Ambient Lighting
  5. Seat + Mirror + Steering Wheel Memory
  6. Heated Second Row Seats
  7. Wireless Phone Charger
  8. Second Row Sunshades
  9. Illuminated Door Sills
  10. Outside Mirrors with Puddle Lamps
  11. Power Tailgate with Kick Sensor
  12. Rear Pedestrian Detection on the Intuitive Park Assist, both models have Intuitive Park Assist
Still optional on the OT+ is the Traffic Jam Assist, Digital Key, Mark Levinson Sound System, Cool Box.

For that 8K upcharge on the OT+ what you get is not worth it IMO, 8K all in for all the options would be an easier pill to swallow. Am I on the only one thinking the same? Id appreciate feedback! Ultimately, I am in love with the design and most than likely will be getting one.... just trying to justify that 10K upcharge for fully loaded model.

Last edited:
Howdy!

Well, it time to upgrade my 03 GX, had it since new and its still kicking! I can't seem to decide if the Overtrail+ is worth it over the non + model. I find it really annoying that most of the options are available for both models, minus the ML sound system and the digital key. Also a 8K difference and still have to pay extra for a bunch of options are kinda crazy.

As far as I can tell, here is what 8K difference gets you on the OT+:
  1. 10 Way Power Seats (vs 8 way on the OT).
  2. Front Massaging Seats
  3. Power-tilt Steering Wheel
  4. Thematic Ambient Lighting
  5. Seat + Mirror + Steering Wheel Memory
  6. Heated Second Row Seats
  7. Wireless Phone Charger
  8. Second Row Sunshades
  9. Illuminated Door Sills
  10. Outside Mirrors with Puddle Lamps
  11. Power Tailgate with Kick Sensor
  12. Rear Pedestrian Detection on the Intuitive Park Assist, both models have Intuitive Park Assist
Still optional on the OT+ is the Traffic Jam Assist, Digital Key, Mark Levinson Sound System, Cool Box.

For that 8K upcharge on the OT+ what you get is not worth it IMO, 8K all in for all the options would be an easier pill to swallow. Am I on the only one thinking the same? Id appreciate feedback! Ultimately, I am in love with the design and most than likely will be getting one.... just trying to justify that 10K upcharge for fully loaded model.
The only thing that bums me out is the ML sound system. I have never had a better stereo system in a vehicle in my life, but it would take a long time to amortize the additional cost to make it worth while.

The only thing that bums me out is the ML sound system. I have never had a better stereo system in a vehicle in my life, but it would take a long time to amortize the additional cost to make it worth while.
Yeah, I myself am a real sound system snob, so most of my cars have the upgraded audio on them. Which again I don't mind paying for, but I would have liked for it to be an option on the Overtrail not just the +. I would have gone for an Overtrail with the Mark Levinson, Digital Key, Traffic Jam assist, and cool box. Could have cared less about everything else.

I'm in total agreement with everyone on the options. I too think the ML sound should be available on all models. Then today, I noticed on the Land Cruiser Forums that you can order your LC they way you want it? If this is true then why can't we do the same for the GX?!?! (I just don't think it is true....)

TotallY agree, the ML should be an option on the OT and included as part of OT+. The $10k to get the ML is not worth it because almost nothing included in the OT+ is worth the upgrade cost. The biggest problem is that I don’t see normal OTs being available until 2025. I’m sure all that will be allocated will be OT+ for 2024 to make a bigger profit margin on early releases and most of those will be marked up.

TotallY agree, the ML should be an option on the OT and included as part of OT+. The $10k to get the ML is not worth it because almost nothing included in the OT+ is worth the upgrade cost. The biggest problem is that I don’t see normal OTs being available until 2025. I’m sure all that will be allocated will be OT+ for 2024 to make a bigger profit margin on early releases and most of those will be marked up.
Only buy at MSRP is my vote!

Well that’s my goal, but so many buyers in my area with stupid money that I’ll probably have to wait for a while. That’s fine, the early buyers will get the bugs worked out so I’ll have less pain.
OC here too. I’ve been on the list at Carlsbad Lexus since December. Was promised no mark-ups or add-ons. Gave them a $500 refundable deposit. I contacted all the local dealers and told them what I was looking for (OT+) at MSRP. They were the first (and possibly the only) dealer to make that promise.

In regard to normal OT’s not being available until 2025, is that confirmed or a rumor? I’m #1 on th list at my dealer for a normal OT:) Thanks!

I hope that true, I'm #10 for a Overtrail+ at my local dealership with no markups :ROFLMAO:

I feel that the ML for $1,140 is probably worth the upgrade. So I'm figuring about $10k for me to upgrade to the Overtail+.

I'm going for the moon roof elimination credit. Options are cool box, ML stereo, and that's about it except possible rock sliders with a step for the wife to replace the ugly side running boards, IMO.
im considering the moon roof delete too. what i’ll be looking into getting tho is going to be the power deployable steps on the Luxury models and see if i can retrofit them to an OT+.

MSRP? Wow that is great— my dealer is looking for $15K over in Tustin. I will try and get it reduced.
The internet sales person at Tustin has me on their mailing list, so I've received two emails so far informing me which vehicles they have coming in and asking which one I am interested in. I haven't responded because it seems like they are trying to sell their vehicles to the person who will pay the most. I am happy to sit on the list at Carlsbad and just wait for my turn for one at MSRP.

I also would like the moon roof delete, but I doubt we will see one of those here in socal.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510