$8000 for Power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel

Skygazer

May 31, 2024
Atlanta

I actually don't want anything below that comes by paying $8000
  1. NuLuxe®-trimmed, 10-way heated and ventilated power driver's seat with adjustable headrests
  2. Front massaging seats
  3. Thematic Ambient Illumination
  4. Lexus Memory System for driver's seat, outside mirrors and steering wheel
  5. Heated second-row outboard seats
  6. Wireless phone charger*
  7. Second-row manual sunshade
  8. Illuminated door sills
  9. Outside mirrors with puddle lamps
  10. Power Rear Door with Kick Sensor*
  11. Rear Pedestrian Detection*
How dumb is that?

More dumb is that they don't give for Power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel as paid option on Non + models

Want to know how Lexus hits its low price point while delivering a quality product?

By not over complicating its production process.

They could let you check from a million different standalone options, but that will cost more and drive base MSRP and option costs up.

Result is you end up in basically the same place cost wise.

Alternatively you can buy a Porsche and they will charge you $3 grand for different thread in your seat stitching. Different strokes.

Want to know how Lexus hits its low price point while delivering a quality product?

By not over complicating its production process.

They could let you check from a million different standalone options, but that will cost more and drive base MSRP and option costs up.

Result is you end up in basically the same place cost wise.

Alternatively you can buy a Porsche and they will charge you $3 grand for different thread in your seat stitching. Different strokes.
I don't want anything else that come with the $8000. So nothing will increase the cost. They removed something that was standard into a package. I don't mind paying extra for power tilt steering but for only that.

At least 1 out of 10 will not buy it just for this reason

And for every “1/10” who won’t buy over this, “3/10” ( I can make up numbers too ) will upgrade and buy the package.

You say nothing will increase the cost, but in a complicated production line every little added complication adds time and cost. These things add up. Lexus goes the way of saving more money in efficiency over having more customization. It’s not rocket appliances.

And for every “1/10” who won’t buy over this, “3/10” ( I can make up numbers too ) will upgrade and buy the package.

You say nothing will increase the cost, but in a complicated production line every little added complication adds time and cost. These things add up. Lexus goes the way of saving more money in efficiency over having more customization. It’s not rocket appliances.
All my replies have been from Lexus employees. You can tell by the way they reply

I took delivery of my Overtrail yesterday with a Sunroof Delete. It has a Power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, puddle lights, and Rear Pedestrian Detection. I hope this helps.

I took delivery of my Overtrail yesterday with a Sunroof Delete. It has a Power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, puddle lights, and Rear Pedestrian Detection. I hope this helps.
Gator, what type of roof rails came on your OT with the sunroof delete option. I would love to see a photo of yours without the sunroof. Thank you, G.

Gator, what type of roof rails came on your OT with the sunroof delete option. I would love to see a photo of yours without the sunroof. Thank you, G.

2024 GX 550 Sunroof Delete thumbnail_IMG_8107.jpg
2024 GX 550 Overtrailthumbnail_IMG_8094.jpg

Gator,
How are you finding the rear AC vents? Cooling back ok? I’m not too far from you in Tampa. I have OT+ allocation and thinking about flipping to sunroof delete and OT. So power tilt and telescoping and puddle lamps too, wow that was supposed to be OT+ only. What dealer di you use?

Gator,
How are you finding the rear AC vents? Cooling back ok? I’m not too far from you in Tampa. I have OT+ allocation and thinking about flipping to sunroof delete and OT. So power tilt and telescoping and puddle lamps too, wow that was supposed to be OT+ only. What dealer di you use?
Lexus of Sarasota, The A/C works perfect. haven't been in the backseat but everything is perfect, I love it. Also, the stereo is great. I couldn't be happier with this, you will not be disappointed.
I dealt with Christopher Wolf ,great to deal with, seamless transaction.

Lexus of Sarasota, The A/C works perfect. haven't been in the backseat but everything is perfect, I love it. Also, the stereo is great. I couldn't be happier with this, you will not be disappointed.
I dealt with Christopher Wolf ,great to deal with, seamless transaction.
Thanks, that’s all good info. Did yours have any QC hold??

I actually don't want anything below that comes by paying $8000
  1. NuLuxe®-trimmed, 10-way heated and ventilated power driver's seat with adjustable headrests
  2. Front massaging seats
  3. Thematic Ambient Illumination
  4. Lexus Memory System for driver's seat, outside mirrors and steering wheel
  5. Heated second-row outboard seats
  6. Wireless phone charger*
  7. Second-row manual sunshade
  8. Illuminated door sills
  9. Outside mirrors with puddle lamps
  10. Power Rear Door with Kick Sensor*
  11. Rear Pedestrian Detection*
How dumb is that?

More dumb is that they don't give for Power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel as paid option on Non + models
Personally, I would want the memory seats for sure.

Personally, I would want the memory seats for sure.
I find the lack of memory seats on a $70k Lexus (OT, not the +) to be disappointing. The memory seats and the kick-sensor hatch are the only things from OT+ that I want. But with the extra $8 in my pocket I'll be happy to live without them.

Last edited:
I find the lack of memory seats on a $70k Lexus (OT, not the +) to be disappointing. The memory seats and the kick-sensor hatch are the only things from OT+ that I want. But with the extra $8 in my pocket I'll be happy to live without them.
I would have to agree with you. $70,000 for the vehicle and no memory seats is outrageous. No wonder GX 460's are still in demand.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510