Realistically - when will we see inventory coming into the dealers and how much over MSRP do we think the dealer premium will be?

The sales guy I talked to and placed my deposit through in June of last year said Stevinson Lexus in N. Colorado does not do markups. Well, he said their parent company forbids it. But who knows.
My SA quit months ago so now I have no idea where I'm at on the list. I would assume somewhere near the top. It's been poor communication overall.

Received my invoice (no markup) put down a deposit ($1000) three weeks ago. If all goes as planned my Premium+ should be delivered hopefully by the first week in May. The color is one of my options (Caviar) the interior is black/grey along with a couple of options I could do without but will live with. I have a long relationship with my dealer so I was not anticipating any markup. To be honest I would not have puchased the vehicle if a markup was added! Recently purchased a BMW X5 50e Plug-in Hybrid (love it) for my wife. Came close to purchasing two however the new GX looks like a great improvement, I'm loyal... this will be my 6th GX!

Received my invoice (no markup) put down a deposit ($1000) three weeks ago. If all goes as planned my Premium+ should be delivered hopefully by the first week in May. The color is one of my options (Caviar) the interior is black/grey along with a couple of options I could do without but will live with. I have a long relationship with my dealer so I was not anticipating any markup. To be honest I would not have puchased the vehicle if a markup was added! Recently purchased a BMW X5 50e Plug-in Hybrid (love it) for my wife. Came close to purchasing two however the new GX looks like a great improvement, I'm loyal... this will be my 6th GX!
Good to hear there are some stores that have integrity and are focused on the long-term customer relationship. We just acquired a 2021 LX570 CPO w/15k miles, for $70k, for my SO, so we are now a 2-LX570 family…. Likely trade one, in a few yrs, to order the GX for her

Good to hear there are some stores that have integrity and are focused on the long-term customer relationship. We just acquired a 2021 LX570 CPO w/15k miles, for $70k, for my SO, so we are now a 2-LX570 family…. Likely trade one, in a few yrs, to order the GX for her
The life expectancy for your LX570 may be forever! It really is best to wait at least one model year to work out aany unforeen issues... good luck!

I'm new to the brand and forum and wanted to chime in and give my opinion.
(This is my opinion, so take it as just that)
I will be surprised if anyone will get a vehicle without a "markup". Unless you can order your desired spec, the dealerships are marking up the price. They do it will all the accessories that are added. At least with this method you might get something useful. I have seen short list with minimal items added and long list that you can tell that the dealership is trying to get every last dollar they can. This is across all trim levels. One other trend I noticed is that I have not seen any Nori Green forecasted out. Not saying there won't be, I have not seen any in the research that I have done.

The dealership that I am working with told me upfront that they will add some accessories. I am okay with that as long as they are functional for my intended purpose.

However, I have seen dealers adding Black emblem overlays, dash cameras, and rock rails. We the customers are prisoners to the dealership's desires.

The only reason I am against dealer installed items are the customer loses the ability to go back to factory layout. I don't believe you will get the original side step if the dealer installs the rock rails. I have seen it go both ways with the extra wheel lug when you get wheel locks.

Rant paused, to be continued...

Attachments

• GX 550 Luxury.png
    GX 550 Luxury.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Forgot to answer the original question...

I think you will start seeing vehicle show up soon. There are delivery dates and VIN's floating around.

I am leaning toward late April early May for large numbers. Dealerships likely have there allocations so they know what is coming and an estimated timeframe when to expect them.

Last edited:
Forgot to answer the original question...

I think you will start seeing vehicle show up soon. There are delivery dates and VIN's floating around.

I am leaning toward late April early May for large numbers. Dealerships likely have there allocations so they know what is coming and an estimated timeframe when to expect them.
The first wave of GXs hit Jacksonville Port today!

If you have not seen details yet, here is a window sticker with all the things that could be added to a vehicle. This is one of the more extreme that I have seen. It looks like they added everything they thought they could get away with at the tune of +$6.6K. So sure, no mark-ups...

Attachments

• GX 550 Overtrail+ - JTJTBCDX6R5000808.pdf
    437.3 KB · Views: 141
There is a Premium sitting on the lot of our local dealer (South County Lexus, Mission Viejo, CA). While I am not interested in that trim level, I still scheduled an appointment for a test drive so I can get a better idea on if the vehicle will be a good fit for me. I'm 5'1" tall and sometimes it can be a challenge to get the seat in a position where I feel comfortable driving. I asked them about mark-ups and for top level trim it's $25k. That's absolutely ridiculous of course, and we have a deposit with a dealer in San Diego that doesn't charge mark-ups. However, the lady on the phone said they were getting 8 GXs of various trim levels that they are expecting in the next 2-4 weeks.

I will probably sound like a crazy person saying this because these two cars are like polar opposites, but I am also interested in the LC 500 since it seems like the V8 is going away soon, so I will be looking at that car at the dealer tomorrow as well.

By chance, I’ve had experience with the LC500 (I also owned the original SC430 which I loved). I attended a Lexus Event (2 years ago) at Laguna Seca Race Track. I was surprised how well the LC coupe handled and had plenty of power. I know it’s a luxury coupe however I was surprised with its performance around the track. Yes… you could feel the power of the V8. As a comparison I also own a Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca and Shelby GT350-R, I’ve tracked them both.
Yesterday my salesman told me my Premium Plus should be delivered the last week of this month or no later than the first week of May. When I placed my $1K deposit I signed a contract listing the MSRP (with a few unwanted extras) without any additional markup. I would not pay any extra above MSRP, the price is the price unless they want to lower the price!
Good Luck!

The lease on my SOs 2021 S580
4matic is up this Friday. She wants either the new GX or the new LC,, neither of which I’m really wanting to pursue in the early delivery phase, as I just can’t stomach getting gouged just b/c it’s the new body style.

Whilst I never buy new (last March I picked up a 2017 Lexus 570 CPO, with only 13k on the odometer, from Park Place Lexus in the DFW area), my SO isn’t keen on going that route.

Whilst she is still thinking she’ll just go into DFW in May and have her pick of the litter, given the reality of a slow trickle of inventory meeting a bubble of pent-up demand, I’m thinking I advise her to just drive her “toy car” (2018 911 S4 Targa) and my LX and wait until autumn or 2024 year end, or do I suggest she goes into the 2023 GX on a 2yr ST lease?

Are my doom and gloom expectations of jacked up dealer pricing w/ 25-50% buyers premiums, a likely outcome?

What are y’all hearing from the dealers (my guy at Park Place Lexus in Plano TX, (located about a mile from Toyota and Lexus NA home/HQ offices), says they’re hearing very little about demand pricing premiums…
For me I’m only paying MSRP due to the fact getting a great deal on my trade in which 2020 LC heritage edition

I felt like there are more gx550 coming than we think. I just saw the 3rd gx550 here in Orange County CA in the pass week, and I also see lots of Lexus sales on social media saying if you be there today you can get it Msrp. So apparently you have to deal with lots of crap added on the vehicle but seems that’s the norm. I would expect to see discounted gx550 like other Lexus real soon.

People willing to pay $15k+ ADM locally while a plane ticket and half day drive home is beyond me. Are they that rich? A day of their pay is more than $16k $17k ?

I felt like there are more gx550 coming than we think. I just saw the 3rd gx550 here in Orange County CA in the pass week, and I also see lots of Lexus sales on social media saying if you be there today you can get it Msrp. So apparently you have to deal with lots of crap added on the vehicle but seems that’s the norm. I would expect to see discounted gx550 like other Lexus real soon.

People willing to pay $15k+ ADM locally while a plane ticket and half day drive home is beyond me. Are they that rich? A day of their pay is more than $16k $17k ?
I’m still waiting for my dealer to get an overtrail allocation. Makes me want to look elsewhere. I’m in Bakersfield. Was hoping to get one by June

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510