Ship date

Bigjt

Nov 16, 2023
MI
Guys,

Today I received an text from my salesperson stated that the release date for the GX550 has been pushed back to late April - mid May for reasons not known.

Hmm… Disappointing, but not entirely surprising. If they really are already producing them (if serial #1 video was real and for America) surprised they need to sit on them for 3-4 months. Lots of reasons that could be I suppose.

Guys,

Today I received an text from my salesperson stated that the release date for the GX550 has been pushed back to late April - mid May for reasons not known.

Ugh, I sure hope that's not the case! I'm really in need of something sooner then that :(

I've been in contact with a local dealer and over the weekend he said At this time a rough estimate would be 9-12 months but that is subject to chance once we have an idea of production volume on this new model. I thought he was way off, but maybe not.....he did say they didn't want to set expectations that couldn't be met. Maybe he knew more than he let on. I wanted to make a move in early 2024. I don't know that I want to wait. That may not keep me from getting one when they do arrive, but it may "make" me go with an affordable lease for my stepson rather than hand down his mother's QX. I'll figure it out, but it's disappointing to hear.

from the official press release today...

"expected to arrive at dealerships early 2024"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 08-50-06 A NEW LEGEND IS BORN THE ALL-NEW 2024 LEXUS GX - Lexus USA N...png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 08-50-06 A NEW LEGEND IS BORN THE ALL-NEW 2024 LEXUS GX - Lexus USA N...png
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,038
Unfortunately, my salesperson told me today the same as well that it may be delayed until April. Apparently, others are reporting the same on Reddit.

Lexus would not have released the above today if any of the above was true. I still expect them to hit showrooms early next year.
concur.... "early 2024" is first quarter imo. late April - mid May is not early 2024.... yet original production was set for Oct, then moved to Dec, now pushed back again. Hummm.

Welp dealer just sent me this...

Very disappointing. Also $85K LOL.

We were just told that production is pushing to February so may be April for first arrivals.

The Overtrail Plus configuration will include Smart Key Card, Heads Up Display, Mark Levinson Audio, Power Liftgate, Cool Box and Traffic Jam Assist. Port options will be added to this. Figuring MSRP to total over $85000.

You guys really think Lexus would release the build tool on their website for a car that's 5 to 6 months out?

No! They're pretty regimented. I think the LC will open up in late Feb for April deliveries.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510