👋 Welcome to the Lexus GX 550 Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
LexusGXForum.com is all about the all new, completely redesigned 2024 Lexus GX. Our goal is to be the #1 resource for Lexus GX 550 owners and enthusiasts.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

Hi from NW MT. New member here coming from the Land Cruiser site and the 4Runner forum. Keeping a look out for 2024 LC or GX550 to possibly replace our 2020 4Runner ORP. I anticipate supply issues will exist for both models. Time will tell. Leaning toward LC as the dealer is only an hour away; Lexus is 4-1/2 hours.

Hi from NW MT. New member here coming from the Land Cruiser site and the 4Runner forum. Keeping a look out for 2024 LC or GX550 to possibly replace our 2020 4Runner ORP. I anticipate supply issues will exist for both models. Time will tell. Leaning toward LC as the dealer is only an hour away; Lexus is 4-1/2 hours.

Welcome to the GX550 Forum!

Hello and welcome to the site @bluebullet

We have a Lexus 2021 RX 450H great ride, my wife has an 2015 Infiniti QX80 which has served us well.
Time to upgrade to a Lexus GX 550 - it was love at first sight!
FreeBird

Hello from Calgary AB! Currently in a 2022 Bronco Sport which, although it’s been Toyota reliable, has been somewhat less than I expected. Investigating all possible options this time around. Though I’m usually a Ford guy & will investigate all they bring to the table, Toyota has really caught my eye now with the TNGA-F stuff! Yes I’ll consider a Ranger, an F-150 was my favorite vehicle but so large in the city, and the full size 6G Bronco probably isn’t refined enough for long highway trips.

So enter Toyota with the LC and Tacoma. But if I don’t need a truck too often, the LC is probably a great choice. But. You can’t consider the LC without also looking at the GX provided budget isn’t a factor. I mean really at almost 50, this is probably the one vehicle that you could say could be your last new car! I can walk to the Toyota dealer quicker than I can drive there (as with Ford) but Lexus is a few mins drive So worth considering. Nobody has ever been disappointed in their Lexus.

Hi, I've been driving pickup trucks since 1986. Toyota, Ford Ranger, GMC Sierra and now Ford F150. I'm interested in leaving trucks behind. Looking at Jeep Wrangler, Ford Bronco, Toyota Land Cruiser and Lexus GX550. Thanks for having me.

Hi, I've been driving pickup trucks since 1986. Toyota, Ford Ranger, GMC Sierra and now Ford F150. I'm interested in leaving trucks behind. Looking at Jeep Wrangler, Ford Bronco, Toyota Land Cruiser and Lexus GX550. Thanks for having me.
Welcome to the forum! I love my trucks, but I think you will find the ride and luxury of the new GX to be very enjoyable.

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you aboard!

Hello,

From Colorado Springs here. Currently have a 2014 JKUR that I use for off reading. While the Jeep is great off road, it is not so wonderful on the highway. Looking at getting the GX for both the off road capability and the luxury to keep the wife happy.

I have seen on the forum that some have already put deposits down. I did not realize that Lexus was taking orders. Curious to see if anyone had information on pricing, particularly on the higher optioned trims?

I look forward to participating on the forum and thank you in advance for everyone’s insight.

Welcome to the forum @TroyI

The GX seems like it will slot in perfectly for a good off-road and on-road luxury vehicle. I think it will take some sales away from Land Rover!

I placed a $1000 refundable deposit to be on the list when orders open up. My dealer thought sometime in October or November is when I could actually place the order with an early spring delivery. Lexus has not released any pricing information yet. The estimate was between $75,000 -$85,000.

Last edited:
Hello,

From Colorado Springs here. Currently have a 2014 JKUR that I use for off reading. While the Jeep is great off road, it is not so wonderful on the highway. Looking at getting the GX for both the off road capability and the luxury to keep the wife happy.

I have seen on the forum that some have already put deposits down. I did not realize that Lexus was taking orders. Curious to see if anyone had information on pricing, particularly on the higher optioned trims?

I look forward to participating on the forum and thank you in advance for everyone’s insight.

Welcome to the site @TroyI -- the deposits people put down just secure their place in line for orders. Not an actual order. Once the order books open up the car will likely be pretty popular so those who get the orders in first will be the ones who get the earlier cars.

Welcome from Texas! I have spent a good amount of time in Colorado Springs and I really enjoy off-roading in the Taylor Park area.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510