👋 Welcome to the Lexus GX 550 Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

Hello from Irvine, CA. Just waiting for the Earth Overtrail + sometime in July 2024 or even later. Currently have a 22 RAV4 Prime so looking for a vehicle that offers real off roading. Getting the Overtrail + in place of 4Runner TRD Pro.

Welcome to the forum! Great choice! I have a '14 4runner and while it's been a great SUV, it's really starting to show it's age, especially with the engine/transmission.

Hi everyone I've just joined this forum. My background.
I'm 63 and retired. i live in Colorado and currently have a 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon limited lifted with some off road goodies including 37in Copper SST Pro tires on beadlock wheels, Rino roof rack, Warn winch, 10lb air tank and a built-in backup compressor, and of course camping gear including an awning and tailgate table and cutting board . I wheel and overland in the Colorado high county and Moab with my son in his lifted Gladiator. Before the jeep I owned every Four Runner, a Tundra and Sequoia and a Supra twin turbo and BMW M3s since my twenties. I'm getting bored with the jeep and don't rock crawl much anymore and do more overlanding. I'm on a list for the new 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter, then I found the Lexus GX550 and fell in love with it. I'm working with a broker I've used before on getting a new GX Overtrail or Tacoma Trailhunter.

Attachments

• taylor pass 2.jpg
    taylor pass 2.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 51
  • taylor pass 4.jpg
    taylor pass 4.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 50
Hi everyone I've just joined this forum. My background.
I'm 63 and retired. i live in Colorado and currently have a 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon limited lifted with some off road goodies including 37in Copper SST Pro tires on beadlock wheels, Rino roof rack, Warn winch, 10lb air tank and a built-in backup compressor, and of course camping gear including an awning and tailgate table and cutting board . I wheel and overland in the Colorado high county and Moab with my son in his lifted Gladiator. Before the jeep I owned every Four Runner, a Tundra and Sequoia and a Supra twin turbo and BMW M3s since my twenties. I'm getting bored with the jeep and don't rock crawl much anymore and do more overlanding. I'm on a list for the new 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter, then I found the Lexus GX550 and fell in love with it. I'm working with a broker I've used before on getting a new GX Overtrail or Tacoma Trailhunter.
Welcome to the forum! How much do you plan on modifying the new GX? Do you think you will do a roof rack outfitted with all the overlanding gear or are you going to keep it more mild than your Jeep build?

Hello all from Delaware..New to Lexus and was trying to read up on how to order/put deposit down..Looks to be a very nice vehicle..Coming from 2023 Durango Hellcat so will be an adjustment..

Hello all from Delaware..New to Lexus and was trying to read up on how to order/put deposit down..Looks to be a very nice vehicle..Coming from 2023 Durango Hellcat so will be an adjustment..

Welcome! There is nothing like the Hellcat motor! However, maybe the extra luxury/ride comfort in the GX will help make up for it some.

Welcome from Texas! I love my Ram TRX, but I think the new GX 550 will pair well with it. The Durango Hellcats are hard to get so I'm sure you won't have any issues selling it when your new GX comes in.

Welcome from Texas! I love my Ram TRX, but I think the new GX 550 will pair well with it. The Durango Hellcats are hard to get so I'm sure you won't have any issues selling it when your new GX comes in.
I enjoyed the TRX when i had it but realized bed was just to small and had to move on.But luckily i had TRX around pandemic time and was able to sell for decent amount..Hoping the value does hold on DDHC as my '24 is built and waiting to ship. Hoping to enjoy new one for a bit and trade in for GX for a bit more of luxury(and cheaper insurance lol)

Hello,
I'm from the SF Bay Area. New to the Lexus forum and Lexus. I've had interest in the GX 460 but did not like the looks of the front end. I've got a deposit on the GX 550. Looks like I'll be waiting for a while since I'm so low on the wait/deposit list. I'm in no rush, so 12-24 months won't be too big of a deal.

Looking forward to reading new owner reactions and issues. it will be great to see the colors in person to help me decide which color I prefer.

Hello,
I'm from the SF Bay Area. New to the Lexus forum and Lexus. I've had interest in the GX 460 but did not like the looks of the front end. I've got a deposit on the GX 550. Looks like I'll be waiting for a while since I'm so low on the wait/deposit list. I'm in no rush, so 12-24 months won't be too big of a deal.

Looking forward to reading new owner reactions and issues. it will be great to see the colors in person to help me decide which color I prefer.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a deposit down!

Hello from West Texas! This is my curreny Tacoma. Looking at leaving a deposit with Lexus for an overtrail, but my local dealer is charging market adjustment fee. Checking other nearby dealers!

Attachments

• IMG_3446.jpeg
    IMG_3446.jpeg
    706.1 KB · Views: 37
Hello from West Texas! This is my curreny Tacoma. Looking at leaving a deposit with Lexus for an overtrail, but my local dealer is charging market adjustment fee. Checking other nearby dealers!

Welcome! If you don't mind the drive, check out Lexus of Lakeway (west Austin) - They are suppose to be selling at MSRP.

Nice looking Taco! How do you like the Smartcap?

Wife will be going from 2022 4Runner Limited. Dealer has been awesome and in constant contact with updates. In SC. We are DINK's. I commute 160 miles round trip for work. Daily commuter is 2021 Toyota Corolla Hatchback XSE. I also have a 2016 Tundra 1794 that I put about 2k miles on a year. GX will be replacing my wife's 2022 4Runner Limited. Also have a 1983 CJ 7, my wife's beach buggy. Put about 200 miles a year on it for her to go to the beach. All four vehicles are black in color.

Hello, from Vancouver, Canada.

Currently owned a 2011 GX460 since Jan 2011. Bought new at the time. Looking for GX550 Overtrail+. Put down the deposit in July, 2023. So hope it would be early in the queue. Just got the price from dealer last Friday. It is about the MSRP. No ETA for the vehicle yet.

Welcome to the site @unidisk glad to have you aboard!

Hello from Houston. Own a LMR C6 Corvette, sport bike, have a love for all vehicles clad in leather, features, and "premium" function. Once looked at the Ranger Raptor, now in the 'paid' wait list for a GX Overtrail. I actually created an account because I saw someone complaining about the GX having no buttons and just a touchscreen, so I figured I'd chime in and agree :).

Hello from Houston. Own a LMR C6 Corvette, sport bike, have a love for all vehicles clad in leather, features, and "premium" function. Once looked at the Ranger Raptor, now in the 'paid' wait list for a GX Overtrail. I actually created an account because I saw someone complaining about the GX having no buttons and just a touchscreen, so I figured I'd chime in and agree :).

Welcome to the forum! The buttons are one big positive that the new Land Cruiser has over the GX.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510