Windows cracking from rubber seal and spreading. Two windows now. <6000 miles

DonnaLexusOwner56

New member
Joined
Jan 24, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Location
Mobile, AL
I have had 2 windows crack from rubber seal and then outward. Dealership wants to say it’s rocks but it’s not as car was parked in a place where it would not be a rock. Plus, it starts at the rubber seal. Anyone else with a 2024 GX 550 having this issue?
 
That is really weird!


Do you have any enemies? Maybe someone is jealous of your GX?🤔🧐
 
It would be very helpful if someone had pictures of this so that others knew exactly what you were talking about.
 
Happened to me to. Right in the bottom, middle of the front windscreen <500 miles, no impact. Dealer replaced it at no cost.
 
Happened to me to. Right in the bottom, middle of the front windscreen <500 miles, no impact. Dealer replaced it at no cost.
did it seem like weather was an influence? Or just cracked? Were you off road (flexing the frame) or bumpy road? Basically I'd like to vet out cracking mine sooner than later..
 
I have had 2 windows crack from rubber seal and then outward. Dealership wants to say it’s rocks but it’s not as car was parked in a place where it would not be a rock. Plus, it starts at the rubber seal. Anyone else with a 2024 GX 550 having this issue?
This just happened to my windshield, which is a replacement windshield because the first one did get cracked by a rock. This crack started below the passenger side wiper blade and has grown to about 4 inches. Appears to be a stress crack to me.
 
I have had 2 windows crack from rubber seal and then outward. Dealership wants to say it’s rocks but it’s not as car was parked in a place where it would not be a rock. Plus, it starts at the rubber seal. Anyone else with a 2024 GX 550 having this issue?
Happened to mine, less than 1000 miles. I was inside the car parked when it happened. Drivers side coming from under the windshield wipers, I bought the windshield crack repair kit to stop the spread, so far it has worked, I have almost 4k miles with weather going crazy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom