2024 Toyota Land Cruiser officially teased!

Toyota_Teaser_1-1500x1000.jpg

Today, Toyota unveiled two tantalizing teaser images of the forthcoming 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser, accompanying them with a compelling caption, "With 65 years of heritage, you can choose to slow down or reinvent yourself. We chose the latter." Stay tuned for further updates.

For more news, rumors, and discussions, be sure to visit:

Last edited:
Choosing between a chunky, blocky Land Cruiser and the sleek, sophisticated GX550 is going to be a tough choice!

As of right now, I think the Lexus GX550 with the Overtrail package is going to be tough to top! I can't wait to see what off-road chops Toyota gives the Land Cruiser though.

Toyota said today that the 2024 Land Cruiser announcement will be on August 1st!

I don't understand Toyota sometimes, why would they release the Land Cruiser almost at the same time as the GX550?
common sense would indicate that, if they are so similar wouldn't that take sales away from Lexus?

I don't understand Toyota sometimes, why would they release the Land Cruiser almost at the same time as the GX550?
common sense would indicate that, if they are so similar wouldn't that take sales away from Lexus?
Maybe the idea is that Toyota will target the hardcore off-road crowd (Bronco and Jeep) with the Land Cruiser and Lexus is going after the Luxury SUV market? 🤷‍♂️

I thought they were the same vehicle just different front and rear facia?
I may be wrong... I'm pretty sure the GX will have better engine options and be slightly bigger. I'm sure they can make it a bit bigger even on the same frame. I wonder if the Land Cruiser will have a third row seat option?

5 new teaser photos were released today!

For years, the Lexus GX has been the luxury version of the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, which is hugely popular elsewhere in the world, but not available in the US. The "word on the street" is that when Toyota brings back the Land Cruiser to the US for 2025, it will be the Prado (regardless of what they label it), so it will be the Toyota version of the new Lexus GX 550. In my opinion, it's a far better fit for the US market than the full sized Land Cruiser.

The only question I have is, what then happens to the 4Runner? Does it get phased out?

For years, the Lexus GX has been the luxury version of the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, which is hugely popular elsewhere in the world, but not available in the US. The "word on the street" is that when Toyota brings back the Land Cruiser to the US for 2025, it will be the Prado (regardless of what they label it), so it will be the Toyota version of the new Lexus GX 550. In my opinion, it's a far better fit for the US market than the full sized Land Cruiser.

The only question I have is, what then happens to the 4Runner? Does it get phased out?
Kind of been wondering about that myself. Unless they go even smaller with the 4Runner?

I think the 4Runner is just a bit smaller than the Land Cruiser and will only be offered with the new turbocharged 4-cylinder.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510