GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

It looks like little micro dings in the clear coat, the paint looks unaffected. They’re on the main (lower) part of the hood near the front. They can be difficult to spot. But they’re there, on an otherwise perfect vehicle.

It looks like little micro dings in the clear coat, the paint looks unaffected. They’re on the main (lower) part of the hood near the front. They can be difficult to spot. But they’re there, on an otherwise perfect vehicle.
Did you try heating the clear with a heat gun and leveling it out with something like a meat mallet? ;)

Not good… I checked mine and sure enough there is a line across it with micro dots. Exactly what people are saying. It’s hard to see on white but definitely there. I reached out to my sales guy a waiting for a response. ☹️
IMG_5678.jpeg

The note I got:

When I checked this morning when I got in every single GX is put on hold for inspection. So there will be a delay. The inspection is on a sun roof rail. Some of them have to be cleaned evidently but they have to check every single one. There are saying it shouldn't long but about 1400 GXs between all the ports in the US. We are still waiting for information.

The note I got:

When I checked this morning when I got in every single GX is put on hold for inspection. So there will be a delay. The inspection is on a sun roof rail. Some of them have to be cleaned evidently but they have to check every single one. There are saying it shouldn't long but about 1400 GXs between all the ports in the US. We are still waiting for information.
Ty for the update

Not good… I checked mine and sure enough there is a line across it with micro dots. Exactly what people are saying. It’s hard to see on white but definitely there. I reached out to my sales guy a waiting for a response. ☹️View attachment 1168
Yep. Mine is on white too. Sucks. Not sure what the plan is yet to fix it. Mine was already sent to the detail shop by the dealer but its still there.

My Overtrail + black roof is on hold in DFW Alliance Rail. Dealer claims he doesn't know why. Are dealers obligated to inform as to why our specific unit is on hold? I would like to know before buying. Sounds like there are multiple rumored reasons from hood paint to sunroof, to black roofs.

THX

For what it's worth, I talked to my dealer connection yesterday and they said the stop sale was related to the plastic wrap/paint issue previously mentioned on this thread. I picked mine up last week and she said my unit didn't have any issue but they did have to buff and refinish one or two hoods where there were spots on the paint. Didn't mention any other issues as part of the stop sale.

For what it's worth, I talked to my dealer connection yesterday and they said the stop sale was related to the plastic wrap/paint issue previously mentioned on this thread. I picked mine up last week and she said my unit didn't have any issue but they did have to buff and refinish one or two hoods where there were spots on the paint. Didn't mention any other issues as part of the stop sale.
My Luxury+ had the paint issue. Was supposed to pick it up on the 8th, but dealer caught it and worked with Lexus. Guess it was one of the first they saw. They had it fixed and I picked it up on 13th. Since then, my GX has been in the shop for horrible chattering and/or suspension issues. I’ve asked to exchange it for something else as it’s been 7 days and no one knows why it doesn’t drive right. (They test drove another Luxury+ on the lot and said it was worse than mine.) I followed up today and mentioned the QC hold on new deliveries, and they said it was just for the paint issue on the hood.

My Luxury+ had the paint issue. Was supposed to pick it up on the 8th, but dealer caught it and worked with Lexus. Guess it was one of the first they saw. They had it fixed and I picked it up on 13th. Since then, my GX has been in the shop for horrible chattering and/or suspension issues. I’ve asked to exchange it for something else as it’s been 7 days and no one knows why it doesn’t drive right. (They test drove another Luxury+ on the lot and said it was worse than mine.) I followed up today and mentioned the QC hold on new deliveries, and they said it was just for the paint issue on the hood.
What are they ultimately saying about the vibrating / suspension issues?

How did they fix it? Did they tell you? (The paint)

Realizing that this post will add little value as far as the "why" but I just talked to our salesperson here in Houston and I need to vent. Appartenty our incognito OT w/sunroof is now in "FI" status with no explaination why.

It's been at the Port in Long Beach since April 30th and in hold status since the 17th. Was told it was the only GX he personally has on his sold list that is on hold.

We got on the waiting list here in Houston last fall. With this being our first Lexus purchase it's been a little different as I am used to custom ordering our vehicles and tracking the the entire way through production and delivery with exactly the options we chose. We knew this would be a new experience, and we'd be "settling" for a vehicle that may not check all the exact options but it's really the first new offroad capable SUV in this size category that we've both liked in years so we told them we'd take the first OT we could get in one of 3 colors with a sunroof. We lucked out and have one coming with everything we were after, except the black roof, but already lined up the gloss black wrap to be installed to fix that when the windows and ceramic coating are installed. That is........ if we get the thing.... and it doesn't shake...

I'll post again when I learn more about the why and any timing updates.

Last edited:
Realizing that this post will add little value as far as the "why" but I just talked to our salesperson here in Houston and I need to vent. Appartenty our incognito OT w/sunroof is now in "FI" status with no explaination why.

It's been at the Port in Long Beach since April 30th and in hold status since the 17th. Was told it was the only GX he personally has on his sold list that is on hold. Interestingly enough, today is the first time looking at the their inventory and it doesn't show a single GX "in transit". For the past month or so you could see all GX's they had alotted up until the time they reached port here in the states. Hmmm....

We got on the waiting list here in Houston last fall. With this being our first Lexus purchase it's been a little different as I am used to custom ordering our vehicles and tracking the the entire way through production and delivery with exactly the options we chose. We knew this would be a new experience, and we'd be "settling" for a vehicle that may not check all the exact options but it's really the first new offroad capable SUV in this size category that we've both liked in years so we told them we'd take the first OT we could get in one of 3 colors with a sunroof. We lucked out and have one coming with everything we were after, except the black roof, but already lined up the gloss black wrap to be installed to fix that when the windows and ceramic coating are installed. That is........ if we get the thing.... and it doesn't shake...

I'll post again when I learn more about the why and any timing updates.
What does FI stand for

What does FI stand for
No clue. Was told it was in “F” then it switched to “FI”.

Considering it was in “F” on the boat and when it first got to port maybe “F” is for freight? And then only me guessing here but “I” could be “inspection” or as far I’m concerned “interrupted”. 🫤

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510