Rock Sliders

Wambo

May 10, 2024
Los Angeles
How can I purchase the Joas rock sliders? Does anyone know of any other company that offers them? As it sits today my overtrail is pretty useless without them. I don't trust these plastic ones on there now.

I’m getting rock rails from Lexus don’t know what brand they’ll be Jaos are nice
The oem might be the right play. Has a part number and is dealer supported. Wonder how warranty will hold when a customer comes back needing a new slider after a fun weekend 😂

How can I purchase the Joas rock sliders? Does anyone know of any other company that offers them? As it sits today my overtrail is pretty useless without them. I don't trust these plastic ones on there now.

I can tell you the plastic ones work reasonably well for limiting water splashing up on the doors when driving on wet paved roads...

I haven't seen the Joas stuff in person, but the video above make them look more like side steps than sliders. A true slider should support the weight of the truck -- those brackets, at least in the video, look pretty suspect.

The lexus rock sliders I saw in person on an Overtrail were true rock sliders with very little function as a step. The Joas “rock sliders” appear to extend out further and function more like a step

I am currently waiting on a new Overtrail plus and it is coming with Factory Rock Rails. I prefer the standard running boards and I would like to swap with someone when the time comes. Be sure to reply to me in a few weeks when I expect my vehicle. Vehicle is currently in Japan. Thanks,
PDvarmint

I am currently waiting on a new Overtrail plus and it is coming with Factory Rock Rails. I prefer the standard running boards and I would like to swap with someone when the time comes. Be sure to reply to me in a few weeks when I expect my vehicle. Vehicle is currently in Japan. Thanks,
PDvarmint
Yo, you can tell your salesman to delete rock rails and keep factory steps. The rock sliders are put on at port. I had my allocation delete the rails for standard running boards

Last edited:
Yo, you can tell your salesman to delete rock rails and keep factory steps. The rock sliders are put on at port
My dealer will not or cannot delete the rock rails. So next best is to swap for standard or order standard from Lexus. Thanks anyway.

My dealer will not or cannot delete the rock rails. So next best is to swap for standard or order standard from Lexus. Thanks anyway.
Rock rails are a port-installed option, so there is a window of time (before it gets to port) where things can be added or removed. It depends on the dealer whether they want to be helpful and put in extra effort or not.

PDvarmint

I have side steps installed on my OT+ and would prefer the rock rails. Lmk if you’re interested in a swap

Yes indeed however I am still waiting on the delivery. No recent update from my dealer so I presume it is still in Japan. Hope you can wait for my OT+ to arrive. Thanks. BTW I am in Iowa - What state are you in?

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510