💸 The 'official' I put my deposit down list...

I just saw the below quote from someone on the Land Cruiser Forums. This is exciting news if it is true at most Lexus dealerships??

"I just got back from the local Lexus dealer (eskridge Lexus in Oklahoma City) having service done on my wife's ES.
Both my salesman and the lady at the service desk told me they were told they would have two demo GX's in mid to late November. The trucks would be for customers to look over and do test drives. They would also have pricing and accessory details at that point."

I just saw the below quote from someone on the Land Cruiser Forums. This is exciting news if it is true at most Lexus dealerships??

"I just got back from the local Lexus dealer (eskridge Lexus in Oklahoma City) having service done on my wife's ES.
Both my salesman and the lady at the service desk told me they were told they would have two demo GX's in mid to late November. The trucks would be for customers to look over and do test drives. They would also have pricing and accessory details at that point."

I'm hoping this week we hear something about the order banks opening up. 🤞

Never ordered a Lexus/Toyota before, and I assume they are not "custom build to order" by customers. Do dealer get what they can get and match to a customer or how does the process go? Do we get any official build sheet/order sheet that has my name and a VIN? What exactly is the next step after placing the deposit?

New to the forum, I have a deposit in for a Overtrail at the Lexus dealer in Lakeway (Austin Tx). Sent $500.00 deposit on June 12th, #9 on the list.

New to the forum, I have a deposit in for a Overtrail at the Lexus dealer in Lakeway (Austin Tx). Sent $500.00 deposit on June 12th, #9 on the list.
Welcome to the forum from Fredericksburg! I have a friend who also has a deposit for a GX 550 at Lakeway. I'm not sure what number he is, but ninth in line sounds good considering how many they probably have in line now.

Welcome to the forum from Fredericksburg! I have a friend who also has a deposit for a GX 550 at Lakeway. I'm not sure what number he is, but ninth in line sounds good considering how many they probably have in line now.
Thank you! I got very lucky to jump in when I did!

I went in the opposite direction as the rest of you SoCal people and placed my $500 deposit with Carlsbad. Internet Sales Manager contacted me last week letting me know they were taking deposits. I went with OT+, first choice Nori Green, second choice Caviar. I was told my deposit was fully refundable and there would be no mark-ups or add-ons. I didn't ask for my specific spot in line, but I was told there were not that many people ahead of me (especially for OT+). Good luck all!

I went in the opposite direction as the rest of you SoCal people and placed my $500 deposit with Carlsbad. Internet Sales Manager contacted me last week letting me know they were taking deposits. I went with OT+, first choice Nori Green, second choice Caviar. I was told my deposit was fully refundable and there would be no mark-ups or add-ons. I didn't ask for my specific spot in line, but I was told there were not that many people ahead of me (especially for OT+). Good luck all!

Nice to hear! Did you get the optional black roof? Or all nori green?

I may have to switch from Longo to Carlsbad. I'm around #393 at Longo. Also, I asked for a premium plus or luxury. But I may have to downgrade to just premium if they add on 10k worth stuff I don't want. I think some one ordered an Over Trail and was told it would be $85k with port add on stuff (not Dealer markup).

I didn't specify, mostly because I will just take what I can get lol. The main thing that was important to us was OT since it's the only configuration without a third row of seating. We are hoping to get one without a moon roof, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Nice! I'm open minded so having the moon roof or not isn't a deal breaker for me. Only thing is a must for me on the Overtrail + is the Mark Levinson system.

I'm on the Overtrail + with the cool box and Mark Levinson system. I can do with or without the moon roof. I'm like number 34 in Atlanta on the MSRP list. I think I can wait almost forever on the OT + and keep my 2010 4Runner with 260,000 miles going until the "right OT +" comes along. Was even considering the last model year Gen. 5th 4Runner but I've got one already. LOL

I've never bought a Lexus, but does anyone have experience with Newport Lexus? I've been there a couple times, and have also attempted correspondence with a couple people from the internet sales side, but have to say "not impressed" is giving them a gift. I could go on in more detail, but at this point I honestly have no faith that I would want to buy a car from this place and am thinking of going to get my deposit back, mostly because I don't think they even care or that the deposit would do any good.

I've never bought a Lexus, but does anyone have experience with Newport Lexus? I've been there a couple times, and have also attempted correspondence with a couple people from the internet sales side, but have to say "not impressed" is giving them a gift. I could go on in more detail, but at this point I honestly have no faith that I would want to buy a car from this place and am thinking of going to get my deposit back, mostly because I don't think they even care or that the deposit would do any good.
I had a similar experience at Crown Lexus just recently. The parts and service department have been pretty good, but the sales staff was awful. I bought an LX 600 there about 3 weeks ago, and it was pretty horrible. It put a serious damper on the purchase.

I still want to buy either the LC or the 550, and I have to say that Longo has been so much better. I've been corresponding with an internet sales person there and they've been pretty good.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510