đź‘‹ Welcome to the Lexus GX 550 Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

Hey all!

New member here from North Texas. I've had my name on the list for an Overtrail+ from Park Place Lexus in Plano for several months now, and I'm looking to get into an Atomic Silver w/ black roof and Chateau interior.

I've only ever had crossovers before, so I'm looking forward to the adventures a true SUV can take me and my family on!

Hey all!

New member here from North Texas. I've had my name on the list for an Overtrail+ from Park Place Lexus in Plano for several months now, and I'm looking to get into an Atomic Silver w/ black roof and Chateau interior.

I've only ever had crossovers before, so I'm looking forward to the adventures a true SUV can take me and my family on!
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country!

I just signed up here. Had been spending time over on landcruiserforum.com planning on getting a new Land Cruiser. However, it's looking like we may end up with a GX simply due to a lack of some seating features in the Land Cruiser that are pretty important to us in our advanced road trip years. We are now leaning towards an Overtrail+. Going to try to get over to a Lexus dealer to check out a GX in the next few days to see what we think.

I just signed up here. Had been spending time over on landcruiserforum.com planning on getting a new Land Cruiser. However, it's looking like we may end up with a GX simply due to a lack of some seating features in the Land Cruiser that are pretty important to us in our advanced road trip years. We are now leaning towards an Overtrail+. Going to try to get over to a Lexus dealer to check out a GX in the next few days to see what we think.

Welcome to the GX Forum! I spent months going back in forth between the LC and GX before finally deciding. For me the price, 7 seats, and engine were the three main factors.

Reactions: MJE
Yes, Supersix, I recognized you right away from the Land Cruiser forum, which is why I signed up over here.
For us, the ONLY reason we made the late switch over to the GX was the massaging seats.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see you over here as well! The Overtrail+ features won out between the two for us. Massaging seats FTW!

I'm glad to see you over here as well! The Overtrail+ features won out between the two for us. Massaging seats FTW!
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, if Toyota had at least given us power lumbar on BOTH front seats, we would have gone with the LC. But NO passenger lumbar, and GX massaging seats, kind of made the decision for us. Plus, I've sold vehicles with the massaging seats - oh, so nice! It's about time I had them too - well, in the next year or so...:LOL:

My Overtrail+ is sitting in the KC railroad lot awaiting release after the Quality Check hold was put in place before the GX was transported to the dealer. The GX will replace my 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, (58K) which is still a great car but I want to capitalize on its trade-in value before it ages any more. I was looking for the best mix between a good road car (that my wife will take with me on long road trip, which ruled out the Wrangler and Bronco)and a capable off-road car. Range Rover models were the logical next best alternative IMO, but I think they are over-priced, and I am looking for a car that can last 20 years. After working with our local Lexus dealer, I have been extremely impressed in how they treat their customers. I will not miss the Jeep dealership.

LexusGXForum.com is all about the all new, completely redesigned 2024 Lexus GX. Our goal is to be the #1 resource for Lexus GX 550 owners and enthusiasts.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Hello from Ohio. Just picked up my 2024 Luxury Plus GX550. What an awesome machine. I have owned many Lexus SUVs and sedans and this my favorite of all.,

Hello from Ohio. Just picked up my 2024 Luxury Plus GX550. What an awesome machine. I have owned many Lexus SUVs and sedans and this my favorite of all.,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on collecting a new GX!

Greetings from SC! I have an OT+ on order. Should have had it by now, but still waiting. Coming from a 2010 4Runner with lift and other mods. Planning to keep the t4r too! It’s been an incredible vehicle. This new GX is the first time I have ever wanted a new truck since the day I took delivery of my 4Runner in 2010.

Hello from Virginia. Have owned 4Runners for the past 20 years which have been great vehicles. Decided this year to replace our current 4Runner. Looked into all the Luxury SUV's. After finding the new GX550 on the Lexus site it was clearly the one I wanted. Put a deposit on a Premium in January and have been told we could possibly see the vehicle in late summer to early fall. Thank you to all the current GX550 owners who have been sharing their experiences with the GX550 both good and bad. Hopefully Lexus will act quickly to resolve the problems identified as none of them appear to be an isolated issues.

Greetings from SC! I have an OT+ on order. Should have had it by now, but still waiting. Coming from a 2010 4Runner with lift and other mods. Planning to keep the t4r too! It’s been an incredible vehicle. This new GX is the first time I have ever wanted a new truck since the day I took delivery of my 4Runner in 2010.

Hello from Virginia. Have owned 4Runners for the past 20 years which have been great vehicles. Decided this year to replace our current 4Runner. Looked into all the Luxury SUV's. After finding the new GX550 on the Lexus site it was clearly the one I wanted. Put a deposit on a Premium in January and have been told we could possibly see the vehicle in late summer to early fall. Thank you to all the current GX550 owners who have been sharing their experiences with the GX550 both good and bad. Hopefully Lexus will act quickly to resolve the problems identified as none of them appear to be an isolated issues.
Welcome to the forum! 4Runner owners build some nice rigs so I'm anxious to see your GX builds!

Hello from Conifer, Colorado. Flew to Portland and picked her up Tuesday (used w/ 300mi). She's home now...

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 4.36.10 PM.png

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%