Windshield Weather Strips (6 Viewers)

I've had them installed for about a year and think they make a difference.
interesting because the reply right above this from "munkeeboi" just said "minimal noise reduction at best...serves better to fill in the gap for easier maintenance."

do you have premium, luxury, overtail?
 
interesting because the reply right above this from "munkeeboi" just said "minimal noise reduction at best...serves better to fill in the gap for easier maintenance."

do you have premium, luxury, overtail?
Overtrail + - To me it made a big difference since I have the over trail rack and Munkeeboi has the Westcott rack I believe.
 
Overtrail + - To me it made a big difference since I have the over trail rack and Munkeeboi has the Westcott rack I believe.
Ah so both of y'all have a roof rack which is known to cause windshield noise. i am talking about without having any roof racks and still experiencing the windshield noise (i have the 2026 Lux+) and whether these would work
 
Well..... sound is very relative depending on tire, suspension, accessories, local road surfaces and even to the individual listening to the sound. So while, I'm not gonna claim that this will silence your cab, for $25, i'm in the camp that it it doesn't hurt and does more good than bad.
 
Well..... sound is very relative depending on tire, suspension, accessories, local road surfaces and even to the individual listening to the sound. So while, I'm not gonna claim that this will silence your cab, for $25, i'm in the camp that it it doesn't hurt and does more good than bad.
True. I have the 2026 Lux+ no roof rack and stock tires are the dunlops.

When they are installed do they alter anything existing/OEM or do they just fit/shimmy in with the adhesive? Can they be removed without affecting anything?
 
Ah so both of y'all have a roof rack which is known to cause windshield noise. i am talking about without having any roof racks and still experiencing the windshield noise (i have the 2026 Lux+) and whether these would work
I’ve never had the rack off the car. For the price - try out the trim - they just fill in the gap between the windshield and the trim above
 
Well..... sound is very relative depending on tire, suspension, accessories, local road surfaces and even to the individual listening to the sound. So while, I'm not gonna claim that this will silence your cab, for $25, i'm in the camp that it it doesn't hurt and does more good than bad.
ok i bought them, let's see when they arrive. i tried to see in your build page if they are visible - maybe that was before you put them on

and you said you don't have the side mirror glass shaking issue?
 
I agree with yellow lab
Mine have been on for around a year
When I first put them on, I noticed some reasonable reduction in noise.
Particularly considering that they are so cheap. And yes, they help keep all the grunge and crap out of that little area.
I actually ordered two sets at that time.
I will keep using them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom