Glad I didn't land in a Bronco!

serenvox

Dec 3, 2023
Florida
Happy to be making my initial post on the forums, for me, it means I am truly committed to becoming a new Lexus GX550 owner and enthusiast. My story may be similar to others, in that I hail from the days of being a 2021 initial reservation holder of the Ford Bronco. Well, after waiting over a year and still no Bronco to my spec, I ended up stationed overseas and was forced to cancel my order. 3 years have gone by and I still find myself yearning for an off-roader. Even still considering the Bronco, that is until I found the GX550!

So here I am, ready to dive into the world of Lexus and its off-roading community. I am looking forward to a future filled with adventure (overlanding/camping), not rock crawling. I most certainly want the Overtrail spec. Like all of us, Ill probably change my color 349 times before I order, but at the current moment, I like the Earth color with incognito or atomic silver as a second choice..

Welcome Serenvox! Do you have a deposit on a GX550 in Florida? If so, is it at MSRP. It looks like they will be coming in the 1st. Qtr. of 2024.
No deposit yet. I plan to talk to the Military Auto sales on base this week since I'm still currently overseas. Normally they offer a program where i could pre purchase and then it would be ready when I return to the states. Not entirely sure if this works, since I'll be ordering this to build from factory.. In any case, I will be in Florida during the holidays and plan to meet a few dealers while visiting family to inquire about getting on a list etc. With dealer marking up everything these days, i wont be surprised if they try this with the gx550.. Looks like overtrail + was priced at $75,900 MSRP from a recent photo of saw.. In your opinion, do you think I can get into an overtrail plus for MSRP or at least under 80k? What's been your experience when putting a deposit down. Given my situation, im happy to wait for mine to get right price and spec. 3rd qtr 2024 to get mine, would work perfect for me. If it come sooner, I'll take delivery and store it for my return..

Last edited:
Back in August of this year I approached my local Lexus dealer in Greenville, SC and they wanted a $5K over MSRP when I asked about their deposit/hold situation. I said no to them and found a dealer in Atlanta who said they would take my $1K deposit and sell the GX 550 OT+ for MSRP. (I am number 34 on their list.) Since then I recently went back to the same Lexus dealer in Greenville and they have dropped the $5K market adjustment and are selling for MSRP with $1K deposits. (I would now be number 70 in line if I went back with them and I am keeping my spot in Atlanta.) Therefore, I think most good dealers will sell at MSRP due to the higher price and higher interest rates we currently have. Hope this helps.

Back in August of this year I approached my local Lexus dealer in Greenville, SC and they wanted a $5K over MSRP when I asked about their deposit/hold situation. I said no to them and found a dealer in Atlanta who said they would take my $1K deposit and sell the GX 550 OT+ for MSRP. (I am number 34 on their list.) Since then I recently went back to the same Lexus dealer in Greenville and they have dropped the $5K market adjustment and are selling for MSRP with $1K deposits. (I would now be number 70 in line if I went back with them and I am keeping my spot in Atlanta.) Therefore, I think most good dealers will sell at MSRP due to the higher price and higher interest rates we currently have. Hope this helps.
The Bronco forums had a list of dealers across the United States that listed which ones were doing msrp and which one were not. Do you know if this exists for our GX550? Maybe admin can start a thread that ask others to annotate thier dealer location, if honoring msrp, and if they accept out of state customers 🤔.

The Bronco forums had a list of dealers across the United States that listed which ones were doing msrp and which one were not. Do you know if this exists for our GX550? Maybe admin can start a thread that ask others to annotate thier dealer location, if honoring msrp, and if they accept out of state customers 🤔.
That would be cool to have a msrp only list dealers

Welcome to the forum! I'm with you on the colors, but leaning toward Earth at the moment.

The full-size Broncos sure are nice! I keep wanting one, but with a removable roof to start I think they’re probably better as a 2nd fun car. When I realize my automotive expectation is to travel the continent (even if the worst I see is fire/logging/oilfield roads) those long distances as I age through middle age & into senior years (a Lexus could conceivably last that long) would be much better served in a fixed roof vehicle. Ford just doesn’t offer anything quite like the LC, 4-runner, or GX.

I waited 3 years for a Bronco. It was finally built in May but did not deliver til December. It delivered with paint damage and 150 miles on it. Agree on second car and decided I am not giving Ford my money after such ridiculous experience for a repainted 23 in 24. Stopped by Lexus and got to see pre production Overtrail. Loved it. I am good at waiting….

Bronco is a hit for Ford, 100K+ a year. Toyota should push out the baby Landcruiser first, then GX/LC, which is very expensive.
Nissan had the Xterra before. Who expected the success of Bronco? Not even Toyota.

The Bronco is a cool and capable vehicle, but I agree it's a 2nd car/fun car. The wind noise/road noise ruins it as a long road trip vehicle.
I tested a $75k 4 door Bronco Wildtrack. It was awesome fun. But practical on a day to day basis with a family? Maybe not. My family is hoping the GX Overtrail hits all the boxes.

I tested a $75k 4 door Bronco Wildtrack. It was awesome fun. But practical on a day to day basis with a family? Maybe not. My family is hoping the GX Overtrail hits all the boxes.
The backseats on the Bronco are cozy. There's a lot of good cargo area in the back, but it could use more legroom.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510