GX550 Real World MPG (2 Viewers)

I'm only @ 500 miles, but my cumulative MPG is only 15.3
To misquote Steve Jobs, am I holding it wrong?!? :rolleyes:
 
I'm only @ 500 miles, but my cumulative MPG is only 15.3
To misquote Steve Jobs, am I holding it wrong?!? :rolleyes:
Love the GX - but it’s an absolute gas pig - I don’t even bother looking at MPG anymore. I’m adding an extended range fuel tank in the fall to solve the range issue.
 
Love the GX - but it’s an absolute gas pig - I don’t even bother looking at MPG anymore. I’m adding an extended range fuel tank in the fall to solve the range issue.
Didn't even know that was an aftermarket option; I'm assuming that eliminates the factory spare? Part of my issue is coming from an Escalade Duramax that never dropped below 24mpg; it had a 640 mile range & that's for the short-wheelbase version with the smaller tank. Apples and oranges, I know...
 
Also did a trip from Longmont CO to Lincoln Nebraska (not towing). Averaged about 21.5 mpg, mostly 80+ mph interstate driving. Probably would have been better if I had slowed down.
 
I have the gx550 overtrail and a land cruiser prado diesel...
Average city driving on the Prado here in Panama is 8.1 km/L
The average in the gx550 here in panama is 5.6 km/L..
I have been doing some testing in the recent days...
Best average was 10.2km/L... On a beach drive at 80 kp/h...
The problem with this vehicle is the available tank for use...
An 80L tank that when the range is 0km... We still have 15 liters left...
The previous J150 platform had 87L but when the range is 0km there are 7 liters left in the tank...
1000335286.webp
1000335351.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260921_153355.webp
    IMG_20260921_153355.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20260920_223746.webp
    IMG_20260920_223746.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20260921_153355.webp
    IMG_20260921_153355.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom