OT Roof Rack

Do you mean the roof rack of your overtrail is making less noise than what you previously had in the land cruiser + windshield?
For me, the overtrail one is already unbearable after some hours if I don't have the radio on, I wonder what's it like with your land cruiser...

there is also an aesthetic aspect to the whole thing, keeping the roof rack seems nice at least in my opinion, so I'm even considering adding later a windshield. but we're not going camping at least for the foreseeable future. it's just my wife and me, so cargo space is also not a problem.
Aesthetically I’m a big fan of the Lexus RR. It really complements the design language. But I must admit it does sit quite higher than aftermarket aluminum profile alternatives so I’m not surprised it’s causing a lot of noise

The wind noise kicks in for me at 70 mph. I don't find it much different than our Q7 with a Thule whispbar w/Kuat Grip 6 or my friend's Defender with the Land Rover rack that looks the same as the Overtrail rack. However, I am curoius what the wind nose will be like once I add the Kurt Grip 6 (+ skis and boards) to the Overtrail rack next winter. I expect wind noise so maybe I have a higher tolerance.

Don’t know what your rr looks like but makes sense when you put larger things or skis etc. they will pick wind at different rates and when going somewhere with the stuff you packed you don’t here it as muck the prinsu rack is low profile I’m interested how it will preform as to taller racks

This is how I do it on mobile.

Attachments

• IMG_8986.jpeg
    IMG_8986.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 43
My dealer was able to delete PIO rack. Caught it early enough. Hope to see an after market full roof mounted (no side rail) rack soon in addition to the Prinsu. Maybe Cali Raised can measure up a GX550 for their premium rack. Really nice features. Available one for 4Runner is about $1,000. Will also look at current Prinsu too

My GX OT+ is due at the end of this month (Caviar/Chateau). It has the 1,500K OT roof rack. I like the look enough, but I'm a bit concerned about possible wind noise like the Sequoia has been apparently plagued with. When I got my FJ Cruiser in 2010, the wind noise on the stock roof rack was pretty loud and I eventually removed it. Most of my driving is on the highway. Haven't seen any reviews regarding this on the GX, but really don't feel like throwing $1,500 away if I'm gonna end up removing it anyway. Not a deal breaker as far as getting the GX, but has anyone seen or heard anything on this? Thanks!
I have The GX Over Trail with roof rack and drove it on the freeway for the first time yesterday and at freeway speed it is very noisy. It took me by surprise. I will remove the roof rack cross rails and see what happens. I cannot believe Lexus did not mitigate the noise.

I have The GX Over Trail with roof rack and drove it on the freeway for the first time yesterday and at freeway speed it is very noisy. It took me by surprise. I will remove the roof rack cross rails and see what happens. I cannot believe Lexus did not mitigate the noise.
Yeah, I’m reading a lot of the same. I’m most likely gonna have to remove it also. Let me know how it goes with just removing the crossbars. Otherwise, how do you like the truck?

My GX OT+ is due at the end of this month (Caviar/Chateau). It has the 1,500K OT roof rack. I like the look enough, but I'm a bit concerned about possible wind noise like the Sequoia has been apparently plagued with. When I got my FJ Cruiser in 2010, the wind noise on the stock roof rack was pretty loud and I eventually removed it. Most of my driving is on the highway. Haven't seen any reviews regarding this on the GX, but really don't feel like throwing $1,500 away if I'm gonna end up removing it anyway. Not a deal breaker as far as getting the GX, but has anyone seen or heard anything on this? Thanks!
Got the overtrail with roof rack, had no choice, looks bad ass .but talks at 50mph !!

Got the overtrail with roof rack, had no choice, looks bad ass .but talks at 50mph !!
Don’t know what rr you guys have but I promise you when I get my ot + with prinsu pro low profile I will let you know my ot+ is in 30 day QC whenever it gets hear counting the seconds I believe low profile is the answer good luck to all drive it like you stole it

I saw what the roof rack cost and was able to get it deleted. Prinsu Pro cheaper and full length. I'm sure other after market guys will come up with something nice near term.

Anyone have opinions about the Prinsu versus Wescott Designs Racks:

I do like the way they both look. Have seen some negative reviews of Prinsu - but with Toyota/Lexus showing so prominently maybe those were sour grape issues.

Anyone have opinions about the Prinsu versus Wescott Designs Racks:

I do like the way they both look. Have seen some negative reviews of Prinsu - but with Toyota/Lexus showing so prominently maybe those were sour grape issues.
Me again two things I ordered prinsu pro rr with a rigid 40” spot/flood I’m a believer whe my ot+plus and it gets installed will definitely let you know 2nd my salesman let me know the port of NJ will be starting to release GX’s soon where my GXfits in that you have a better chance seeing GOD I hope it’s true for all the ports

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510