OT Roof Rack

Me again two things I ordered prinsu pro rr with a rigid 40” spot/flood I’m a believer whe my ot+plus and it gets installed will definitely let you know 2nd my salesman let me know the port of NJ will be starting to release GX’s soon where my GXfits in that you have a better chance seeing GOD I hope it’s true for all the ports
I think you've posted this same message 5 times.. We get it

Anyone have opinions about the Prinsu versus Wescott Designs Racks:

I do like the way they both look. Have seen some negative reviews of Prinsu - but with Toyota/Lexus showing so prominently maybe those were sour grape issues.
ARB will have a 3/4 roof rack too. Its very early on so I'm assuming within a couple months we'll see additional options but I doubt you could go wrong with any of them. ARB has a full system of accessories if you want to go that route. All of the systems seems to be the same cost or less than the factory option or buying the Land Cruiser FE roof rack that would be a direct fit

My GX OT+ is due at the end of this month (Caviar/Chateau). It has the 1,500K OT roof rack. I like the look enough, but I'm a bit concerned about possible wind noise like the Sequoia has been apparently plagued with. When I got my FJ Cruiser in 2010, the wind noise on the stock roof rack was pretty loud and I eventually removed it. Most of my driving is on the highway. Haven't seen any reviews regarding this on the GX, but really don't feel like throwing $1,500 away if I'm gonna end up removing it anyway. Not a deal breaker as far as getting the GX, but has anyone seen or heard anything on this? Thanks!
My overtrail came with the rack and there is wind noise at 50 got stuck with $1570 plus tax got a deal who wants it?

Lexus is taking the roof rack off for customers complaining about the noise. I just scheduled my overtrail to get it removed.

I was told they are checking solutions with Lexus and maybe adding a wind deflector.

In my case, we are mostly taking long road trips and 8, 9 hours driving with that noise would not be great
The factory rack on my Luxury+ makes some noise. I tried to install a Thule wind deflector off my old car. It doesn’t fit well: the from bar of the Lexus rack is about 7” wide. Even using long zip-ties, the deflector has a gap since the Lexus front rail has a downward cant. I’ll keep trying. PS the rack is VERY handy!

Seems a lot of chatter about the wind noise... Now I'm really curious, how bad is it?

For those that really dislike it, is this is first rack you've had?

I've pretty much always had a roof rack to some capacity.... ski racks, bike racks, a full Rhino rack on my Rubicon.

Yes you can hear the wind.

For those that are complaining... be honest, is it really that bad or are you the type that calls the doctor when you have a hangnail?

sissy-gif-file-260kb-r6wgupxm4djm9p79.gif

Seems a lot of chatter about the wind noise... Now I'm really curious, how bad is it?

For those that really dislike it, is this is first rack you've had?

I've pretty much always had a roof rack to some capacity.... ski racks, bike racks, a full Rhino rack on my Rubicon.

Yes you can hear the wind.

For those that are complaining... be honest, is it really that bad or are you the type that calls the doctor when you have a hangnail?

View attachment 1286
1000% agree

New to having a roof rack. What are the best boxes, straps, etc to use and the best way to secure to the rack? Seems nice to have vs installing the hitch mounted carrier everytime we go on a trip.

Would anyone who gets the Wescott leave a review? I’m interested in it, particularly in comparison with the factory rack.

Thanks.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%