Overtrail Replacement Tires (1 Viewer)

I recently replaced my stock tires with the Toyo AT III EV 275/70/18 on Vossen Wheels and I like how they have performed on and off road. For offroad, they have performed well in desert terrain like Toroweep and Anza Borrego and forests like Las Padres National Forest, and Monache Meadows in the eastern Sierras.
Your new wheels look great. Do your Vossen have a different offset from stock?.
 
Thanks. They have a +35 offset. The stock Overtrail wheel has a + 50 offset. The Vossens are also an inch wider, 18x8.5 versus 18x7.5 for stock. I like it because it is slightly more aggressive and does not throw up a lot rocks to chip the paint. The slightly bigger tire of 275/70/18 also has no rubbing since I’m on stock suspension.
 
Looking for insight. I’ve read through a lot of tire threads and haven’t seen a lot on 17” wheels. What are y’all’s thoughts on running a 285/75/17 on 17x8 +45 on a 26 OT+ stock suspension. Will there be rub and can I fit the spare? Might just be trial and error but what do yall think?
 
I heard that the brake calibers for the rear wheels are beefier and there’s not a lot of space in between the caliper and the 17 inch wheels. Rocks and other small items could get caught when off-road .
 
Thanks. They have a +35 offset. The stock Overtrail wheel has a + 50 offset. The Vossens are also an inch wider, 18x8.5 versus 18x7.5 for stock. I like it because it is slightly more aggressive and does not throw up a lot rocks to chip the paint. The slightly bigger tire of 275/70/18 also has no rubbing since I’m on stock suspension.

Seems you found the perfect combo. The looks are are great and who doesn't want their truck to look good. Turns out, less chance of "Rocks and other small items could get caught when off-road ." The spare tire is no hassle in any regard and no worries if needed. I stayed with the stock rims for my KO3 275/70 18's and your extra offset and inch of rim width seem to let the tire breath a little better and gives the illusion of a much bigger tire. You took your time and it paid off. Should be GX of the Month.
 
Thanks for the kind words GX 550 Key. My brother in law has the KO3s on his Tacoma and loves them. We are going to Coyote Flats in the eastern Sierras this weekend and will post a few pics when we get back.
 
I installed the Toyo ATIII EV version in 275/70R18 about 4k miles ago and they're great. When I recently went in for a Free Maintenance service, which of course includes the tire rotation, I decided to use a metallic silver Sharpie to number mark each valve stem cap so I could verify they rotated and see what pattern. I had to ask for the 5-tire rotation and they admitted they would not have done that. Funny is that they rotated the driver side tires as per Manual (swap front to rear) but on the passenger side they put the spare to front passenger, instead of rear passenger per the Manual, and put the passenger rear into the spare space. Doubt it matters, but would think they'd follow the Manual. They also inflated all my tires to 40 psi cold, when I had them set at 36 psi. No idea why they did that. Seems there's no agreed upon way to rotate tires.
View attachment 22409View attachment 22410
Stupid question….how do you know they didn’t just rotate the caps?
 
Stupid question….how do you know they didn’t just rotate the caps?
haha maybe, but in this case I could also easily tell the brand new/un-used spare tire now located up front, and which one the other front left one was since it had noticeable mud on sidewalls. I could chalk tires next time, but would a Lexus tech wipe off my chalk and change the numbers? lol. I was curious if they would follow the Manual's rotate protocol, which they did not.
 
285/70 will fit in spare loc. You can run a larger tire on the ‘25s bc of the lift. 285/75 here View attachment 14233
hey this vehicle looks identical to one they have at sewell lexus dallas, 2025 with same flag decals and all, is this earth one yours? if so trying to locate the original owner to see what they did to it thx
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7223.webp
    IMG_7223.webp
    100.8 KB · Views: 26
hey this vehicle looks identical to one they have at sewell lexus dallas, 2025 with same flag decals and all, is this earth one yours? if so trying to locate the original owner to see what they did to it thx
Not mine, sorry.
 
For people runnimg with 285 or 275, does it rub in full articulation + full steering lock?
 
2024 OT with 2025 springs and 285/70-18 AT4W. Yes, slight rub when stuffed and turned. Not enough rub to worry about damage on mine.

Tried AT4W 35x11.5-18 and it rubbed just when turned.
 
For people runnimg with 285 or 275, does it rub in full articulation + full steering lock?
my 2025 OT I run Toyo Open Country AT III EV, 275 70R18 on stock OT wheels and no rub at all, and spare fits too.
For people runnimg with 285 or 275, does it rub in full articulation + full steering lock?
 
For people runnimg with 285 or 275, does it rub in full articulation + full steering lock?
275 70/18 Cooper Rugged Trek’s (the 275 is misleading as it is a 33.7” height - same as most 285’s). No rub at any time on road. Full articulation off road.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom