PSA!!! GX Stolen in literally 60 seconds!

What about a good ol fashioned steering wheel club?
I wonder if anyone has had their vehicles stolen with this type of device in place for any vehicle.
I have a steering wheel lock (it wraps the wheel and locks into the seat belt buckle) on my GX as of now until I get the IGLA on Saturday.
 
I wonder if anyone has had their vehicles stolen with this type of device in place for any vehicle.
I have a steering wheel lock (it wraps the wheel and locks into the seat belt buckle) on my GX as of now until I get the IGLA on Saturday.

Yes, they just make one cut to the steering wheel and slide it off or drill the lock out. There are ways to slow them down, but if they want something and they are prepared, they can get it.

At best, you hope these devices make the thieves move onto an easier car.
 
Last edited:
Yes, they just make one cut to the steering wheel and slide it off or drill the lock out. There are ways to slow them down, but if they want something and they are prepared, they can get it.

At best, you hope these devices make the thieves move onto an easier car.
Yes you’re correct, this is why I’m having the IGLA installed on Saturday. Then I want to look into an alarm just for the sound to hopefully scare anyone away from ripping the dash apart to try to steal it. I’ve been reading up so I can take the best steps to protect my vehicle.
 
Yes you’re correct, this is why I’m having the IGLA installed on Saturday. Then I want to look into an alarm just for the sound to hopefully scare anyone away from ripping the dash apart to try to steal it. I’ve been reading up so I can take the best steps to protect my vehicle.
I was considering the IGLA but people said the 10 second stall to start car starts to get annoying on a daily driver. Totally a first world problem but I guess its better than a stolen car.
 
I think I'm going to see about doing one of the kill switch type options that replaces a relay under the hood. I like the option that has a keyfob to remotely activate it when you want. For my use case, I'm not worried at all about my GX being stolen where I live, but when I take road trips to higher risk areas, I'd love to be able to activate it. Granted I guess depending on how prepared these thieves are, if a specific deterrent like this becomes widespread, they could just start carrying a spare factory relay to pop in.
 
I was considering the IGLA but people said the 10 second stall to start car starts to get annoying on a daily driver. Totally a first world problem but I guess it’s better than a stolen car.
Right, I’d rather have a car that needs 10 seconds to start it then go outside and have no car, walking would definitely taken longer 😂
 
Unfortunately the thefts can use a signal blocker so you can’t track your vehicle. The best thing I have found is either a hidden kill switch (but you can’t use remote start) or the IGLA.
Not having remote start would suck! I live in upstate NY with very cold and snowy winters😔
 
Man. This sucks. Sorry for what you are dealing with. Lots of good advice here and I plan on looking into some of these. I say that, but I also know that if they want your vehicle, there is really no way to stop them. Like mentioned before, they read the forums too. At best all we can hope for is to slow them down. There is nothing I hate more than a thief!
 
Man. This sucks. Sorry for what you are dealing with. Lots of good advice here and I plan on looking into some of these. I say that, but I also know that if they want your vehicle, there is really no way to stop them. Like mentioned before, they read the forums too. At best all we can hope for is to slow them down. There is nothing I hate more than a thief!
My dealer said the same thing, they are even use flat beds or tows to take vehicles straight to the containers at the ports..... one would think maybe have a police presence there help stop this from happening.
 
Last edited:
My wife worked in international freight for 25 years. Most of the shipping vessels and ports are all mobbed up. Everyone who could catch them is getting paid.
 
It's well-known Toronto and Montreal are high risk locations for luxury vehicle theft. The Montreal Gazette has been continuously reporting on this for years, their conclusion is no matter how hard the authorities they're always playing catch up to the bad guys, although Quebec saw a drop in 2025.

Here's a good quote:
“People always wonder: Why Quebec? Why Ontario? Why are their numbers so high? It’s really three main factors: high volume of targeted vehicles, high population, and the proximity not only to the Port of Montreal, but the Port of Halifax,” Gast said in an interview Tuesday. “It just makes it a prime opportunity for these criminal groups to be able to have a vast amount of opportunity and vehicles to be able to steal.”

Organized crime groups are figuring out new ways to steal cars, but Quebec’s overall thefts are down

SQ, OPP seize 598 stolen cars, a drop in the bucket for organized crime
 
Taking two roadtrips next month so I’m getting the IGLA Anti-Theft system installed next Thursday 8/20. Seems to be the best solution out there now. Thank you IKEHM for sharing your story. Hope it all works out for you
 
Taking two roadtrips next month so I’m getting the IGLA Anti-Theft system installed next Thursday 8/20. Seems to be the best solution out there now. Thank you IKEHM for sharing your story. Hope it all works out for you
are you getting their fob also? let us know how it goes
 
You can get the FOB or a phone app that does the same thing. After the install there is a 20 minute tutorial on how to use. I was planning on both but not sure how either work. Will decide when i pick it up. I think Lexus dealers in Canada are selling this system but charging much more to install.
 
are you getting their fob also? let us know how it goes
I had the IGLA installed today (located in Southern California) I also paid extra for anti-carjacking mode. So it’s simple to enter code and you can change it yourself at anytime. The IGLA comes with 2 key tags that bypass the system so you don’t need to enter a code. Just be aware that you should keep this in your pocket if you have the anti-carjacking mode should someone carjack you.
 
The Lexus GX 550 is being stolen at an alarming rate in NYC and Long Island. My Lexus GX 550 was stolen in early July of this year, and in the following weeks, I heard from many friends that their neighbors' Lexus GX 550 vehicles had been stolen as well. In fact, I believe at least six were taken after mine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom