PSA!!! GX Stolen in literally 60 seconds!

The Lexus GX 550 is being stolen at an alarming rate in NYC and Long Island. My Lexus GX 550 was stolen in early July of this year, and in the following weeks, I heard from many friends that their neighbors' Lexus GX 550 vehicles had been stolen as well. In fact, I believe at least six were taken after mine.
Wow! Did you get another one?
 
I'm getting the IGLA Anti-Theft system installed today.
It will give you some peace of mind. I had mine installed on Saturday next I’m doing my IS500. Lexus should come stock with more than app tracking. At the very least IGLA should be an add option.
 
The Lexus GX 550 is being stolen at an alarming rate in NYC and Long Island. My Lexus GX 550 was stolen in early July of this year, and in the following weeks, I heard from many friends that their neighbors' Lexus GX 550 vehicles had been stolen as well. In fact, I believe at least six were taken after mine.
This is a really questionable post. Your "Lexus GX 550" was stolen in July but you joined this forum yesterday and your very first post reads like AI.
 
This is a really questionable post. Your "Lexus GX 550" was stolen in July but you joined this forum yesterday and your very first post reads like AI.
To basically let other GX 550 owners know the thieves are eyeing their cars and to be more alert. The Police Department near me is giving away free Club steering wheel locks this coming Saturday for GX owners. Even the Police know the GX 550 is a hot commodity with thieves these days.
 
Got the IGLA Anti-Theft system installed. It's very high tech and easy to use. You can override the system with a FOB. You can also put it into service mode when leaving at the dealer for service. I'm very impressed with it and the cost was very resonable.
 
I know of another owner that got igla installed after his gx was recovered from theft - in HTX
 
Got the IGLA Anti-Theft system installed. It's very high tech and easy to use. You can override the system with a FOB. You can also put it into service mode when leaving at the dealer for service. I'm very impressed with it and the cost was very resonable.
hey S SUBERI, what buttons are used to enter the PIN or how, and how long did the install take? I'm considering this. With their FOB it operates as originally? thanks
 
I dropped it off on a Thursday morning and picked it up the next day at 11:00 am. That timing was really due to my schedule. I could have picked up Thursday afternoon but the traffic going up there in the afternoon is a bear. They told me that i would need to schedule an hour for training when I picked it up. I did and it was very worthwhile.
As far as the PIN is concerned, I was expecting a key pad as I have seen in rental cars in Europe and the Middle East, but that's not how it works. The system simply uses signals from features that you already have in your cockpit. For example you could program it to just about anything on your Dash. i.e. two clicks on the high beam and a two clicks on the interior light dimmer. There is an entire manual that explains what devices can be used and how. I think this is awesome. You can always change it whenever you wish. You can also deactivate when you take your truck in for service. And of course there is the FOB that you can put on your key chain and never use the code.
So far I love it. I have great peace of mind when I'm traveling and leaving my truck in hotel parking lots.

Hope this helps. I will DM you my phone # in case you care to call and discuss further.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom