Show us what you'll be towing with your 2024 Lexus GX!

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
The all-new GX will be offered in two powertrain options to meet the needs of customers. At launch in the U.S., GX will come standard with a highly capable and efficient twin-turbocharged 3.4L V6 engine paired with a 10-speed Direct Shift Automatic Transmission. The twin-turbo V6 produces an improved 349 horsepower, outperforming the previous generation V8’s 301 horsepower, and torque output also improves to a massive 479 lb.-ft. The twin turbochargers deliver steady and consistent acceleration to easily control power delivery in both on and off-road scenarios. Towing capacity has increased to 8,000 lbs. for Premium, Premium+ and Overtrail grades with the standard tow hitch.

Let us know what you'll be towing!

I sold my Airstream and I do miss it sometimes. But damn are they pricey.... I don't think for something I use so rarely that I can justify the premium on the next one. There really is a huge price difference.

I have a 28ft Airstream right now, but we might have to downsize to the Basecamp 20x and make the kids sleep in a rooftop tent. 🤣. I'm thinking a 20ft trailer like this one would tow nicely.

2021-airstream-basecamp-113-1594750744.jpg

Reactions: MJE
We're giving serious consideration to this Lance 2285. Dry weight of 5775 lbs., so should be a good fit for the GX 550.

The Lance trailers are nice, we have a big Lance dealer just down the road from us. The tongue weight (785 Lbs) on that might be pushing the limits of the GX550 depending how much payload you carry inside the vehicle.

Have you seen the inTech Terra? It's comparable in length but the tongue weight is around 500 pounds. They also a "rover"version that gives you a 3" lift as well.

The Lance trailers are nice, we have a big Lance dealer just down the road from us. The tongue weight (785 Lbs) on that might be pushing the limits of the GX550 depending how much payload you carry inside the vehicle.

Have you seen the inTech Terra? It's comparable in length but the tongue weight is around 500 pounds. They also a "rover"version that gives you a 3" lift as well.

I looked at the InTechs some time ago and was really impressed. I need to give them another look.

bumping this thread... Anyone tow with the GX yet ?

Started looking for travel trailers (7k GVWR) for next summer ...

Plan on getting an Overtrail ...

I'm looking at the GX to pull a travel trailer after we retire next summer.

For what its worth... There's a couple of GX Towing YouTube videos out there:

The Fast Lane Truck
Can the 2024 Lexus GX 550 Twin-Turbo V6 TOW Better Than Ever?

NotWG (North of the Wall Garage)
Towing with my Lexus GX550 - Set up, drive mode, and 5,600lbs out back!

Not mine in the picture but I will be picking up my new T@b 400 in 5 weeks! So freaking excited. Will be towing it with the Taco for now until it is my turn on the waiting list for the GX.

unit_photo_202209150910599612888107.jpg

IMG_1642.jpeg

Nothing too heavy, but would be nice to have some better tires and clearance for the boat ramp.

The InTech looks very nice. No local dealers in the LA area to check them out. Planning to retire to Arizona next year, so we will definitely check them out then.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510