GX550 Mudflaps

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
017-2024-lexus-gx-550-overtrail-jaos-tokyo-auto-salon.jpeg

Is anyone considering adding mud flaps to the GX550? It's something I'll probably do, however I haven't come across any options other than the ones shown on the JAOS GX a while back.

I'm interested in adding some mud flaps to ours. I'm surprised Lexus doesn't offer mud flaps as an accessory since the Land Cruiser has a substantial mud flap option.

That's the thing bothering me about mine currently. I got an Overtrail+ with rock rails. The problem is the running boards kind of block rocks and debris from flinging up on the lower part of the door just above the plastic trim that protects the very bottom. Since that part of the door faces a little more downwards I'm worried it's going to catch a crapload of rock chips if I go down a gravel road, which I tend to frequent. Will let everyone know if I find any mudflaps or protective films that might fit well in that area.

Every single one of my old Jeep Wranglers had door hinges that were chipped up for the same reason.

I'm looking into making a set of short mudflaps that just come down to about the level of the side sill. Something to provide coverage for the area pictured below. It's just thick rubber that is easy to cut and then bevel the edge. I'm really interested in those Jaos extended fender flares....

Attachments

• mudflaps.jpg
    mudflaps.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 19
I'm looking into making a set of short mudflaps that just come down to about the level of the side sill. Something to provide coverage for the area pictured below. It's just thick rubber that is easy to cut and then bevel the edge. I'm really interested in those Jaos extended fender flares....
I have some old defender flares I may cut up and try, but hoping someone had something fit up without any cutting/customizing. With the stock tire setup on the OT, you definitely sling mud/dirt/water all over the side and rear.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510