👋 Welcome to the Lexus GX 550 Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

Welcome to the forum! Great looking van! I helped a buddy build almost the exact same layout you have except he had the Ford Van. He hauled a lot of motorcycles to a bunch of cool places.
If you see a big tricked out grey Sprinter around Fburg, that's me. If you get your GX before me I would be down to buy you a cup of coffee to let me check it out!

Welcome to the forum @John E Davies 🍻 Have you considered the new '24 Land Cruiser at all?
Considered it and immediately dismissed it. The specs are no good for me, I want a NON hybrid engine, a flat load floor, no third row, and better looks. I truly dislike the new LC inside and out. I particularly like the base GX550 Overland, I would order one in white with sunroof delete and HUD.. no sunroof because they are long term headaches, and I want to put my Maggiolina Grand Tour RTT up there, so the less weight in the roof structure, the better. HUD because my wife’s 2022 RDX has it, and I love the information display.

The GX is sooooooo close in most ways to my beloved LX450.

The 2024 Lexus GX 550 Is An Old Land Cruiser For A New World A 14.0-inch touchscreen and 349 horsepower V-6 modernize the old LX 450’s formula, creating an even comfier brute.

My LX450 in Canyonlands 2013, White Rim Road heading West:

IMG_5742.jpeg

Pucker Pass heading into Moab:

IMG_5741.jpeg

At my age I want less physical bloat than the LC200, and more comfort. The LC200 seats are pretty bad compared to Lexus versions. I don’t care at all about leather, a wood steering wheel, and lots of luxury, but I do need to upgrade to all those driver safety aids. My 2013 LC200 was essentially designed around 2005. A lot has changed, for the better, in terms of keeping the passengers alive….

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:
Considered it and immediately dismissed it. The specs are no good for me, I want a NON hybrid engine, a flat load floor, no third row, and better looks. I truly dislike the new LC inside and out. I particularly like the base GX550 Overland, I would order one in white with sunroof delete and HUD.. no sunroof because they are long term headaches, and I want to put my Maggiolina Grand Tour RTT up there, so the less weight in the roof structure, the better. HUD because my wife’s 2022 RDX has it, and I love the information display.

The GX is sooooooo close in most ways to my beloved LX450.

The 2024 Lexus GX 550 Is An Old Land Cruiser For A New World A 14.0-inch touchscreen and 349 horsepower V-6 modernize the old LX 450’s formula, creating an even comfier brute.

My LX450 in Canyonlands 2013, White Rim Road heading West:

View attachment 251

Pucker Pass heading into Moab:

View attachment 250

At my age I want less physical bloat than the LC200, and more comfort. The LC200 seats are pretty bad compared to Lexus versions. I don’t care at all about leather, a wood steering wheel, and lots of luxury, but I do need to upgrade to all those driver safety aids. My 2013 LC200 was essentially designed around 2005. A lot has changed, for the better, in terms of keeping the passengers alive….

John Davies
Spokane WA
I would love to get one without moonroof but being in California I don't think that is remotely possible.

I would love to get one without moonroof but being in California I don't think that is remotely possible.
Any dealer or the Lexus online car finder, or even Autotrader, should be able to locate one, you might have to travel fairly far to go get it. I have bought several vehicles many states away from where I live, it is indeed highly possible. I believe that Lexus is joining Toyota with their hassle free online buying program, I don’t know when it will be fully operational. Here is Toyota SmartPath:

A New Way to Buy Your Next Toyota Find the perfect vehicle, customize your terms, and decide how you'd like to complete your purchase.

The Power of Partnerships: Developing the SmartPath and Monogram Digital Retail Solution - Lexus USA Newsroom

You do NOT have to buy a car off a dealer’s lot….

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:
If you see a big tricked out grey Sprinter around Fburg, that's me. If you get your GX before me I would be down to buy you a cup of coffee to let me check it out!
I have you seen you around town! I'm either in a black Ram TRX or a Red Bronco Raptor. Feel free to flag me down if you see me! 👋

Howdy! I joined as I just put a deposit down on a GX550 Overtrail+. I am told that Colorado has a high demand for OT+ but is only getting 2 each month at the local dealership , so if will be over a year. That’s perfectly fine with me, I put my 1k down (told msrp) and I want a 2025. I have a 2024 X5 M60i currently.

I have owned 3 4Runners over the years as well. (1990, 2006, 2008)

Hope to get even more informed of the purchase process by browsing the forum. I am used to building a vehicle and then taking delivery (bmw / LR).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hello all. I’m in calgary Alberta My ost two cars were 4runners. Had a voodoo blue Pro now a 2020 nightshade limited. Last Saturday I ordered a 2025 GX550 overtrail plus. Hoping at that time hybrid may be available as im considering both powertrains

Greetings from the Gulf Coast, Pensacola, FL. I'll be purchasing a Premium Plus in Incognito when it becomes available from a Lexus dealer in Alabama. Detailers are in my driveway this morning working on my 2016 Tundra TRD Pro in Quicksand. She has been a garage queen since my purchase new in August of 2015. 37,800 miles of flawless performance averaging 13.7 mpg. I will be listing her on Cargurus.com. I sure hating waiting for the new GX. I'm an old guy and like "instant" gratification. Lots of great posts here. Thank you!! Bob

Attachments

• IMG_2148.jpeg
    IMG_2148.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 37
Hello all. I’m in calgary Alberta My ost two cars were 4runners. Had a voodoo blue Pro now a 2020 nightshade limited. Last Saturday I ordered a 2025 GX550 overtrail plus. Hoping at that time hybrid may be available as im considering both powertrains
Greetings from the Gulf Coast, Pensacola, FL. I'll be purchasing a Premium Plus in Incognito when it becomes available from a Lexus dealer in Alabama. Detailers are in my driveway this morning working on my 2016 Tundra TRD Pro in Quicksand. She has been a garage queen since my purchase new in August of 2015. 37,800 miles of flawless performance averaging 13.7 mpg. I will be listing her on Cargurus.com. I sure hating waiting for the new GX. I'm an old guy and like "instant" gratification. Lots of great posts here. Thank you!! Bob
Welcome to the forum guys! 👋

Hello all, just joined the group. Looking for an Overtrail. I’m in Southern California (San Clemente). Currently have a Tundra TRD Pro and a Porsche 911 (older one). Not sure if any will go if I’m fortunate enough to get into an GX. Looking forward to learning more and keeping track of the progress of the allocations.

Hello all, just joined the group. Looking for an Overtrail. I’m in Southern California (San Clemente). Currently have a Tundra TRD Pro and a Porsche 911 (older one). Not sure if any will go if I’m fortunate enough to get into an GX. Looking forward to learning more and keeping track of the progress of the allocations.
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully, you will never need to let the 911 go. What year and trim do you have?

We are from Summerville, SC and placed our deposit in July 2023 along with our preferences, exterior color, interior color, and model. We originally stated we wanted and premium + but have since modified it to accept either luxury or premium + model. We have owned several Gen 1 AND 2 GXs. The lack of information coming from Lexus has been disappointing. I wish Lexus corporate would clarify exactly what they mean by "Early 2024."

Welcome to the forum guys! 👋
Greetings from Washington State. Retired military, working now as a project manager. Have a 2017 tundra and 2008 Sequoia, looking to get rid of the sequoia and into a luxury +. At our dealer I am 31 on the list. Dealer said they are getting a premium + and an overtrail mid April or so for test drives. No word on when or how many vehicles dealer are allocated. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We are from Summerville, SC and placed our deposit in July 2023 along with our preferences, exterior color, interior color, and model. We originally stated we wanted and premium + but have since modified it to accept either luxury or premium + model. We have owned several Gen 1 AND 2 GXs. The lack of information coming from Lexus has been disappointing. I wish Lexus corporate would clarify exactly what they mean by "Early 2024."

Welcome to the forum! I'm hearing late next month for the first batch of deliveries.

Greetings from Washington State. Retired military, working now as a project manager. Have a 2017 tundra and 2008 Sequoia, looking to get rid of the sequoia and into a luxury +. At our dealer I am 31 on the list. Dealer said they are getting a premium + and an overtrail mid April or so for test drives. No word on when or how many vehicles dealer are allocated. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Welcome @Warrantero - That's awesome to hear that demo models could be available so soon! I'll have to check with my local dealer this week and see if they are hearing the same thing.

Welcome @Warrantero - That's awesome to hear that demo models could be available so soon! I'll have to check with my local dealer this week and see if they are hearing the same thing.
I was looking on car guru there are a few GX 550’s listed mainly in CA and OH. One dealer in CA had two in stock, one was pending sale and the other was an overtrail + I believe. There were a couple of others listed with arrival dates of 4/12/24. So it looks like a few are starting to show up.

I was looking on car guru there are a few GX 550’s listed mainly in CA and OH. One dealer in CA had two in stock, one was pending sale and the other was an overtrail + I believe. There were a couple of others listed with arrival dates of 4/12/24. So it looks like a few are starting to show up.

That's awesome, I just went to their website and noticed they have the window sticks posted. First time I've seen that!

Greetings from Nevada. I currently own a 2016 RX and a 2005 GX 470. Both cars are super reliable. Have an order for a 2024 GX. Was a Mercedes owner for over 30 years and got tired of the constant maintenance and quality problems. Bought a 2005 GX and never looked back.

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510