GX550 Theft

Thank you
You’re welcome! I just so happened to visit my dealer this afternoon and asked about the secondary immobilizer. I was told by the parts department that it takes about 1 week to bring in (you must have an install appointment setup first). The reason it takes a week (perhaps a little longer) is that Lexus Canada programs the immobilizer to your VIN before sending it out. And the install will take a good 5-6 hours to complete (so I was told). The only thing stopping me from getting this immobilizer is the fact that if your car keys are stolen, your secondary immobilizer is useless (assuming your key chain has both Lexus key fob and immobilizer fob). IMHO, IGLA performs better but may be annoying for some people. 2 cents
 
I’m working with the Truck Shop here in San Diego to try to come up with some workable solutions I’ll run this buy them. They also do warranty work for Toyota and Lexus. I’ll keep everyone informed.
 
You’re welcome! I just so happened to visit my dealer this afternoon and asked about the secondary immobilizer. I was told by the parts department that it takes about 1 week to bring in (you must have an install appointment setup first). The reason it takes a week (perhaps a little longer) is that Lexus Canada programs the immobilizer to your VIN before sending it out. And the install will take a good 5-6 hours to complete (so I was told). The only thing stopping me from getting this immobilizer is the fact that if your car keys are stolen, your secondary immobilizer is useless (assuming your key chain has both Lexus key fob and immobilizer fob). IMHO, IGLA performs better but may be annoying for some people. 2 cents
Thanks for the info! Just wondering, I know this is offered with 2026 MY. Will will retro fit on earlier model year?
 
I did a ChatGBT analysis (I know it's a cop out but...) and IGLA was the top recommendation.
I was told it’s a
Lexus Canada provides a secondary immobilizer that I believe is a fob. If the fob is not with your key, your GX won’t start. Available from Canadian Lexus dealers. Last time I checked, USA Lexus dealers did not offer this.
thats awesome, wish it was available here in US. When I contacted my dealer about anti-theft they told me the only thing they have is the tracking on the app. Which is pointless cause they can block the signal.
 
A little further research and I found that IGLA has two ways of temporarily disabling the system or work arounds for not needing to enter a pin every time you go to start your vehicle. They have a phone app that disables the system and/or a fob that you can carry with you that overrides the system. I'm thinking of having the system installed as early as next week. It would be great peace of mind to know that the truck is protected when we are staying in far away places.
 
I read about this on the LC forum. Nothing is 100% effective, but any thoughts on this device?

I have a '25 LC and have the wireless version. I've had for about 8 months w/o any issues. The only downside is if you forget to disarm w/ the fob before trying to turn the car on, there's a slight delay before you're able to successfully turn the car on. Not a dealbreaker, but with outdoor temps avg 115*F, i'm literally sweating bullets for the 10-15 seconds until it resets.
 
When I installed the new bumper, winch, lights etc, I had a Switch Pro SP9100 installed. The truck shop says they can simply put in a kill switch on the Switch Pro, but if that is going to shut everything down and cause me to re-enter all of my settings I would rather pay to have the IGLA Anti-Theft System. It's not that expensive and I will have more security options.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

GX550 Poll

  • Yes, I can pick up in Los Angeles (Burbank area)

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but I need it shipped.

    Votes: 10 58.8%
Back
Top Bottom