GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

Sent your pic to my salesperson and got my own in return. View attachment 1279
I noticed your salesman’s screen shot shows he clicked to get email notices. My screen shot shows my salesman doesn’t want to get email notices, lol.

Looks like both of ours landed and got held 5/17. Since your salesman is getting notifications, let me know when he tells you something, lol. I’m not gonna keep hounding my guy. He already did me a solid and put me at the front of the line for this allocation (230 deposits in front of me when I put mine down not too long ago, and he felt sorry for me because i’m in a rental cus current daily driver engine lifters failed).

Last edited:
Dealers are in the dark… this is what my salesman texted me about mine. Shows a 56 day hold, but ETA is “unavailable”.
Given that picture I can reasonably expect my OY+to see it in August I was notified May 20th of the 30 day QC anyone who as some insight tell me 30 or 56 day is that 30 or 50 days or business days either way with no explanation is very bad business sense when is a lie a lie when you have a known problem and say nothing and promises updates on Friday’s when is a lie a lie

Given that picture I can reasonably expect my OY+to see it in August I was notified May 20th of the 30 day QC anyone who as some insight tell me 30 or 56 day is that 30 or 50 days or business days either way with no explanation is very bad business sense when is a lie a lie when you have a known problem and say nothing and promises updates on Friday’s when is a lie a lie
I was told calendar days. I was also told the 56 days starts from the date of notice (5/17). That i do not believe. How can a hold start and the truck is still on the ship from Japan????. I’m thinking Sept after the hold/repair ends there will still be transport time from port to the dealer.

I noticed your salesman’s screen shot shows he clicked to get email notices. My screen shot shows my salesman doesn’t want to get email notices, lol.

Looks like both of ours landed and got held 5/17. Since your salesman is getting notifications, let me know when he tells you something, lol. I’m not gonna keep hounding my guy. He already did me a solid and put me at the front of the line for this allocation (230 deposits in front of me when I put mine down not too long ago, and he felt sorry for me because i’m in a rental cus current daily driver engine lifters failed).

I'm a 5/17 port arrival too (30 day hold). I'm texting my guy every Friday afternoon to see if there is an update.

I'm a 5/17 port arrival too (30 day hold). I'm texting my guy every Friday afternoon to see if there is an update.
Mine did not have a port arrival of 5/17, it still has 1-2 weeks on the water arriving the port of Jacksonville. Around May 25th there was update going from 30 day hold to 56 day hold with no ETA. You need to see the computer for yourself or get screenshot. I would bet your hold is 56 days now.

Mine did not have a port arrival of 5/17, it still has 1-2 weeks on the water arriving the port of Jacksonville. Around May 25th there was update going from 30 day hold to 56 day hold with no ETA. You need to see the computer for yourself or get screenshot. I would bet your hold is 56 days now.
Mine started as a 30 day hold and turned into a 56 day hold

This is what I received from Lexus when I reached out to them. I expressed my concerns with the several issues that had been mentioned on the forum and asked about the 30 day QC hold. I suggested they have a company representative monitor these forums as it may be one of the quickest real time feedback they get on issues associated with the new model release.

Thank you for contacting us about your 2024 Lexus GX 550 sales experience.
We appreciate your interest and inquiry in the 2024 Lexus GX 550 and taking the time to submit a comment to us.
We're sorry to learn of your new vehicle sales concerns and you would like additional insight into the 30 day Quality Assurance hold placed on all GX models.
We apologize, the Lexus Brand Engagement Center is not involved in the vehicle sales process. We recommend continuing to consult with authorized Lexus dealers for any additional insight into the Quality Assurance hold.

We rely on our authorized Lexus dealers to communicate new vehicle status information to our guests. The Lexus dealers would have the most up to date information available obtained from their regional support team. If at this time they are unable to provide the requested information, then that would be the latest information available.

We truly appreciate your comment and please know, Lexus does have a Social Media team.

Thank you for considering Lexus for your personal driving needs. We have documented your experience here at Lexus National Headquarters. If you have any other questions, please contact us.
Sincerely,
Lexus Brand Engagement Center

This is what I received from Lexus when I reached out to them. I expressed my concerns with the several issues that had been mentioned on the forum and asked about the 30 day QC hold. I suggested they have a company representative monitor these forums as it may be one of the quickest real time feedback they get on issues associated with the new model release.

We appreciate your interest and inquiry in the 2024 Lexus GX 550 and taking the time to submit a comment to us.
We're sorry to learn of your new vehicle sales concerns and you would like additional insight into the 30 day Quality Assurance hold placed on all GX models.
We apologize, the Lexus Brand Engagement Center is not involved in the vehicle sales process. We recommend continuing to consult with authorized Lexus dealers for any additional insight into the Quality Assurance hold.

We rely on our authorized Lexus dealers to communicate new vehicle status information to our guests. The Lexus dealers would have the most up to date information available obtained from their regional support team. If at this time they are unable to provide the requested information, then that would be the latest information available.

We truly appreciate your comment and please know, Lexus does have a Social Media team.

Thank you for considering Lexus for your personal driving needs. We have documented your experience here at Lexus National Headquarters. If you have any other questions, please contact us.
Sincerely,
Keep calling and emailing. They are running it up the chain.
1-800-255-3987

Sincerely,
I called the number posted earlier in this thread. The woman said essentially the same thing, that i need to speak with the sales manager of my dealership, as they would have the reason for the hold. I told her that is not the case, as Lexus corporate put the stop sale QC hold on thousands of of GX’s at port and all the dealers are in the dark because Lexus corporate is not giving Friday updates.

It was like she was reading off a script and just trying to divert me to the dealer for answers…

When I told her the dealer is just trying to sell cars, and the consumers are just trying to buy them, but Lexus corporate manufacturing is the one stopping that process and not providing info as to why, she stopped repeating the same thing over and over (that I need to call the dealer). I’m fine with a QC hold for them to fix something i’m about to buy, but i am not fine with a 30 day hold turning into a 56 day hold with no reason why and a delivery ETA as “undetermined”…

Told her I’m in a rental and need to know when I will have a car.

They keep this up, there will be thousands of 2024’a that won’t be received until damn near 2025…

Last edited:
I called the number posted earlier in this thread. The woman said essentially the same thing, that i need to speak with the sales manager of my dealership, as they would have the reason for the hold. I told her that is not the case, as Lexus corporate put the stop sale QC hold on thousands of of GX’s at port and all the dealers are in the dark because Lexus corporate is not giving Friday updates.

It was like she was reading off a script and just trying to divert me to the dealer for answers…

When I told her the dealer is just trying to sell cars, and the consumers are just trying to buy them, but Lexus corporate manufacturing is the one stopping that process and not providing info as to why, she stopped repeating the same thing over and over (that I need to call the dealer). I’m fine with a QC hold for them to fix something i’m about to buy, but i am not fine with a 30 day hold turning into a 56 day hold with no reason why and a delivery ETA as “undetermined”…

Told her I’m in a rental and need to know when I will have a car.

They keep this up, they’ll be thousands of 2024’a that won’t be received until damn near 2025…
I’m in your same boat (no pun intended). ALL Toyota and Lexus issues filter back through their respective “Brand Engagement Centers” they will always try and redirect you to the dealership. Keep calling, it goes up the chain.

This forum sounds just like Tacoma4g did when there were QC holds on the brand new Tacomas, and Ranger 4g when there were QC holds, and Bronco4g during those holds. The internet has created a world of "instant satisfaction", essentially removing all ability for folks to wait patiently for anything, and getting all kinds of twisted when they can't get answers. Manufacturers staying tight lipped about issues is nothing new. I remember at least a decade ago, "insiders" spilling the beans on issues, were getting fired, and it caused companies to come up with even more ways of stopping certain information from getting out. Yet folks still put themselves in situations where they're totally screwed if there's any sort of supply chain hiccup, which has been an issue since long before the worldwide shutdowns of the early 2020s, and have only gotten worse since. But yeah, it's all those darn manufacturers' faults, since no one wants to take any responsibility for their own selves any more. Flame suit on...

This forum sounds just like Tacoma4g did when there were QC holds on the brand new Tacomas, and Ranger 4g when there were QC holds, and Bronco4g during those holds. The internet has created a world of "instant satisfaction", essentially removing all ability for folks to wait patiently for anything, and getting all kinds of twisted when they can't get answers. Manufacturers staying tight lipped about issues is nothing new. I remember at least a decade ago, "insiders" spilling the beans on issues, were getting fired, and it caused companies to come up with even more ways of stopping certain information from getting out. Yet folks still put themselves in situations where they're totally screwed if there's any sort of supply chain hiccup, which has been an issue since long before the worldwide shutdowns of the early 2020s, and have only gotten worse since. But yeah, it's all those darn manufacturers' faults, since no one wants to take any responsibility for their own selves any more. Flame suit on...
With all due respect bandit67, My 2014 engine failing unexpectedly is me putting myself in a position where I am screwed and not taking responsibility for myself?

it is now the back half of 2024 with holds looking to push into late July/August, on a vehicle that has already had a 2-3 month delay in the first quarter of the year.

It is not covid anymore, and the vehicles have already been produced, and they’re sitting in a port with changing hold times, no eta, with no formal explanation.

What amount of time has to elapse to be considered “patient” by your standards, lol?

Let’s get something straight who told us they would give updates at certain times,and there are NONE!! Tell me please who responsible time to look in the mirror

I am somewhat dumbfounded why there is a hold-up on New GX’s. I’ve had my Premium Plus since May 3rd. I have one minor issue should be resolved when I take it in for my first scheduled service. I plan to change the oil next week just to play if safe. No paint issues, no leaky sunroof (taken to car wash to insure this) and the engine/transmission/suspension work smoothly. Hopefully a release will happen soon, I love driving my new GX, it is light years ahead of the old model. I also lacked patience waiting for the release that was long over due but the wait was worth it… my humble opinion.

I am somewhat dumbfounded why there is a hold-up on New GX’s. I’ve had my Premium Plus since May 3rd. I have one minor issue should be resolved when I take it in for my first scheduled service. I plan to change the oil next week just to play if safe. No paint issues, no leaky sunroof (taken to car wash to insure this) and the engine/transmission/suspension work smoothly. Hopefully a release will happen soon, I love driving my new GX, it is light years ahead of the old model. I also lacked patience waiting for the release that was long over due but the wait was worth it… my humble opinion.
I am great full for you and others and also the one like mine that are in hold some will probably have no issues 🤞 it’s always about telling us nothing when they say they would give weekly updates giving us a possible 56 day hold is I’sorry that’s not an update

Been lurking and finally registered to add to the discussion. My dealer (West Palm Beach) called me early May to tell me they were expecting my allocation to come in any day so they were giving me a courtesy heads up. (Premium+ in white). Our GX was offloaded into the port of Jacksonville on 4/17. I was heading out to go to work for a month so since I wasnt expected to be home we did some paperwork early to make things "easier". I "gifted" my Tacoma to my wife and traded it in before I left for work, then my wife would just have to secure financing herself while I was away. We have been waiting patiently but still no real update from the dealer. Starting to get fairly annoyed as we traded in our vehicle based on the information they gave us so now my wife has been stuck at home for a month renting a vehicle. We started pushing asking for a loaner but they said they need them for the service department. I feel for the people being told their cars that havent even landed in a port are on a 56 day hold but I hope thats just due to a backlog, our car has already been sitting in the port for nearly 2 months for the hood paint issue according to my dealer. Dealer could not comment whether our QC hold was for a specific time period.

Been lurking and finally registered to add to the discussion. My dealer (West Palm Beach) called me early May to tell me they were expecting my allocation to come in any day so they were giving me a courtesy heads up. (Premium+ in white). Our GX was offloaded into the port of Jacksonville on 4/17. I was heading out to go to work for a month so since I wasnt expected to be home we did some paperwork early to make things "easier". I "gifted" my Tacoma to my wife and traded it in before I left for work, then my wife would just have to secure financing herself while I was away. We have been waiting patiently but still no real update from the dealer. Starting to get fairly annoyed as we traded in our vehicle based on the information they gave us so now my wife has been stuck at home for a month renting a vehicle. We started pushing asking for a loaner but they said they need them for the service department. I feel for the people being told their cars that havent even landed in a port are on a 56 day hold but I hope thats just due to a backlog, our car has already been sitting in the port for nearly 2 months for the hood paint issue according to my dealer. Dealer could not comment whether our QC hold was for a specific time period.
A view I didn’t take in account ty 56 just being a backlog possibly if you check a few of the text above our recent tweets some on ports are now 56 days but still one I didn’t take in consideration ty again

GX550 Poll

• 1. tOny enD

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 2. MJM

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. SsgIncognito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. bfloyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Let’s Gooo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 6. Widdlewadder510