I now have 3k miles in on my BP-51 setup with OME UCAs. The install and alignment was handled by Slee in August. I've kept my stock wheels and 275/70/18 tires for now so I could get a handle on the suspension changes in isolation. Some of my observations for anyone considering -
1. Great experience with Slee. We discussed every line item in the parts and install estimate and they listened to my needs and answered the many questions I had. Slee can handle any issues that arise (warranty/repair) or adjustments needed in the future (e.g., if I end up doing bumpers). They can and will service BP-51 if needed. Those factors gave me a ton of confidence to make the decision. Every step of the process from ordering to drop off to delivery the next day was a pleasure with that team. @SwainBuilt
2. I asked for a leveled look. So that resulted in 2.5" lift front and 2" rear. I asked for buttery smooth ride quality in the first part of the travel. Remember that Lexus ad with the champagne glasses on the hood? I wanted that. So that resulted in initial settings of 0 compression and 2 for rebound, front and back. "Medium" OME rear springs installed.
3. The ride that I got is what I wanted. Smooths out washboard gravel roads and removes virtually all of what I considered a jittery wooden ride from the OE lexus shocks/springs. High speed bumps result in a fast run through initial travel but doesn't bottom as it progresses through the travel and it hits what I call that firm support level into the travel that bypass shocks provide. Same for highway corners. Fair amount of roll, then "sets" in the corner once past that initial plush travel. Hood flutter is greatly reduced in everyday driving.
4. What could be perceived as a negative? It is a fairly active suspension setup. Lots of lift in the front and squat in the rear on hard acceleration. Seems like the first half second of hammering on the throttle is spent on the truck running through its initial travel, lofting the front and squatting the rear. Like a mini trophy truck. If I apply WOT from a start on a bumpy road, tar or dirt, I can tell the front is starting to break loose. So that could be solved with introducing maybe a half inch of rake (bring it back down to a 2 inch front lift) and more compression and rebound all around. But no plans to do that in the near term. My intended setup is not for towing or to be a canyon carver. I wanted a supple, plush Lexus off-roader. Mission accomplished. Moab trail riding still TBD. More later.
1. Great experience with Slee. We discussed every line item in the parts and install estimate and they listened to my needs and answered the many questions I had. Slee can handle any issues that arise (warranty/repair) or adjustments needed in the future (e.g., if I end up doing bumpers). They can and will service BP-51 if needed. Those factors gave me a ton of confidence to make the decision. Every step of the process from ordering to drop off to delivery the next day was a pleasure with that team. @SwainBuilt
2. I asked for a leveled look. So that resulted in 2.5" lift front and 2" rear. I asked for buttery smooth ride quality in the first part of the travel. Remember that Lexus ad with the champagne glasses on the hood? I wanted that. So that resulted in initial settings of 0 compression and 2 for rebound, front and back. "Medium" OME rear springs installed.
3. The ride that I got is what I wanted. Smooths out washboard gravel roads and removes virtually all of what I considered a jittery wooden ride from the OE lexus shocks/springs. High speed bumps result in a fast run through initial travel but doesn't bottom as it progresses through the travel and it hits what I call that firm support level into the travel that bypass shocks provide. Same for highway corners. Fair amount of roll, then "sets" in the corner once past that initial plush travel. Hood flutter is greatly reduced in everyday driving.
4. What could be perceived as a negative? It is a fairly active suspension setup. Lots of lift in the front and squat in the rear on hard acceleration. Seems like the first half second of hammering on the throttle is spent on the truck running through its initial travel, lofting the front and squatting the rear. Like a mini trophy truck. If I apply WOT from a start on a bumpy road, tar or dirt, I can tell the front is starting to break loose. So that could be solved with introducing maybe a half inch of rake (bring it back down to a 2 inch front lift) and more compression and rebound all around. But no plans to do that in the near term. My intended setup is not for towing or to be a canyon carver. I wanted a supple, plush Lexus off-roader. Mission accomplished. Moab trail riding still TBD. More later.
Last edited:







